Volume control not switching back to normal audio in CarPlay — TomTom Community

Volume control not switching back to normal audio in CarPlay

RJDRJD Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
IOS 15.01 iPhone 13; when I have just alerts selected, when an alert sounds it does not switch back to normal audio after alert is complete. If I select navigation voice, when a voice command sounds it will then switch back to normal audio - but if I again switch to alerts only the next time I receive an alert it will again not switch back from navigation audio volume to normal audio. Even if I select “no audio” it remains on navigation audio.

Comments

• RJDRJD Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Another addition - when map up in dashboard with no route selected and receive alerts it also hangs up the volume on the navigation voice volume I have to select my music app only then it releases then I can go back to dashboard and get alerts without a route in place.
  • GRiMLoCK1970GRiMLoCK1970 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited October 11
    I can confirm the first one, pausing music and start again (waiting with pause one second) will put it back to normal audio level. It's with all the alert audio. All beeps sound and then the audio goes to low level but does not return. It's not bound to IPhone 13, also with XR and 2020 SE I noticed this. Maybe it's with iOS 15.0/15.0.1.
  • RJDRJD Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Grimlock you are correct no matter what mode I have selected every time an alert occurs it remains locked on the navigation volume until I get a voice announcement or do something different- I will try the pause music "workaround" next time. Definitely a bug here!
  • gvlieropgvlierop Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, no difference when playing music on radio or Spotify or Apple Music, the volume doesn't come back after a spoken voice instruction.
  • desk-top3desk-top3 Posts: 34 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same here!
  • Meldrew61Meldrew61 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Same here too. I have found pressing the Voice Call button on steering wheel until it beeps and then pressing again to cancel then restores to normal volume but it is still a very annoying bug. Please fix it TomTom.
  • Mcj1973Mcj1973 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    iOS 15.01, iPhone 12 Pro Max same issue. Issue not there with Google And Apple Maps
  • JohneeJohnee Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I’m having the same problem with my iPhone XS with iOS 15.02. OK with voice direction until a waning eep is sounded then I have a long delay until music starts again.
  • Pst_tomtom949Pst_tomtom949 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’m having the same problem with my iPhone 12 with iOS 15.02
  • AzonsAzons Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 18
    Can confirm, the issue is only with allerts. The carplay system goes from music audio to speech audio when giving alerts or instructions. With alerts it keep stuck with speech audio untill system is turned off and on again. On instructions is goes back to music audio again automatically. Also when this bug appears and I change my volume the hole carplay system crashes till it automatically reboots

Got VW audio system using apple carplay 210.81 if that helps.

And using iOS 15.1 beta 4
  • GrafJGrafJ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same here. Very annoying when travelling on motorway with speed cameras every few miles and having to pause music then play just to re-establish volume level after TT warning sound.
    Using iPhone with CarPlay to Android head unit on a BMW.
    IPhone 12 Mini iOS15.02. TT App 2.7.2