TomTom App on iOS15 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom App on iOS15

Comments

• t-t-Navigatort-t-Navigator Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same annoying problems here:
    - App does not restore the volume after a speed camera alert
    - Every time I launch TomTom it gets stuck at loading app. Killing the app and then restarting works.
  • RichieGRichieG Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Don't you just love TomTom support, not a single comment... and to think we're paying for this!!
  • Feckweed405Feckweed405 Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    RichieG wrote: »
    Don't you just love TomTom support, not a single comment... and to think we're paying for this!!

Agreed. Kinda unbelievable. They add new features without fixing a number of clear issues, etc, some that are clear safety hazards!
  • Kingo1Kingo1 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Same issues - when trying to open app on carplay it keep trying to load - and have to remove it from cradle, kill app and load sgain before connecting to carplay. Amateirs!!
  • Alfie112Alfie112 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello since the latest update on iPhone my app won’t open unless I restart my phone.
  • hello1_2hello1_2 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited September 29
    Iphone 13 Pro Max using CarPlay.
    No sound when using CarPlay. (CARPLAY SCREEN) Top left hand side pressing “Menu” then next screen comes up and pressing “Voice” bottom right hand side, no sound.
    So can not adjust TomTom volume from Carplay.

This discussion was created from comments split from: New version [2.7.2] for GO Navigation App (iPhone)

• MitzixMitzix Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 30
    Hello, after upgrading to iOS 15 I encountered strange behavior in CarPlay. When TomTom announces directions or beep camera music volume is not restored back. Control stays on navigation volume (when I want to increase volume, car displays navigation volume control instead of music). It doesn't matter if Apple music or car media is played. Both are affected. Only way how to get volume back is to switch to other music player (Apple Music/Car Media) and stop and start playing. But after next TomTom announcement problem is back. I have latest TomTom GO 2.7.2, car is Skoda Karoq 2020.
    I tried other navigations (Google, Apple Maps, Sygic) and they restore music volume back correctly, so problem is not in Apple but likely in TomTom.
  • GoGo42GoGo42 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same issue is with every one,
    There is even a seperate thread about this. But with the new update of tomtom go the issue is still NOT solved so i dont think you will get a fix for this on a short term..
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 99 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I just upgraded to iOS 15 & the TomTom GO Navigation app seems to be working OK for me apart from the mispronunciations that were introduced with version 2.7.

I was very pleased to see that the original & superior TomTom Navigator app version 1.29 also still works perfectly with iOS 15.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,699
    Community Manager
    For the sound issues we will be rolling out fixes with the upcoming release. We are still working on fixes to the start issues.
  • Feckweed405Feckweed405 Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    For the sound issues we will be rolling out fixes with the upcoming release. We are still working on fixes to the start issues.
    Thanks so much Jurgen!
  • H2CO3HCO3H2CO3HCO3 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    TomTom GO iOS 2.7.2 Crashes in Carplay each time that it is attempted to access the following:

-Recents
    -My Places
    -Parking Lot
    -Gas Station

As soon any of the mentioned above options is clicked, then TomTom GO iOS 2.7.2 crashes.

The same problem occurs on last few 'newer' Versions of TomTom Go, such as 'TomTom GO 2.7.1.ipa'. However, much 'older' Versions of TomTom, which I still have the old ipa files, do NOT have this problem for Example 'TomTom.GO.2.3.1.ipa' do NOT have this problem.

I have tested this phenomena with iOS 15 (15.0) as well as iOS 15.0.1 and still TomTom crashes in Carplay as just described in this posting.

I have also tested on an older iPhone, 6S Plus which I still have with iOS 13.x installed and the problem is exactly the same. All the latest versions of TomTom Go crash in Carplay just as described already.

I've already attempted to completely delete TomTom and re-installing the app in IOS, however the results are exactly the same. Installing iOS (either 14.8, 15.0 or the latest release as of the time of this posting, namely iOS 15.0.1 have exactly the same results, so this is NOT an iOS problem, but a problem with the TomTom App that crases in Apple Carplay).

If I use TomToom directly from the iPhone, then I'm able to access the above decribed menu options, select one and have TOmTom navigate. So for the time being, the ONLY way I can operate TomTom Go in Carplay is to have already selected the navigation in the iphone, then connect to Apple Carplay, then the navigation will continue in apple car play. As soon as I go in Apple Carplay in the Menu and select any of the above mentioned options, then TOmTom crashes in Apple Carplay (application just closes).

Since I have already tested with several iPhones (6S, 7, 8, as well iPhone 12) as well as several different versions of iOs, from iOS 12.x, 13.x, 14.8 as well as iOS 15.0 and 15.0.1 all having the exact same results showing this issue to be a TomTom Go for iOS Problem with all the latest versions of TomTom Go.

In TomTom Go for iOS i have enabled the automatic sending of log data, so each time the app crashes, hopefully the logs have been already received and will be analized by your engineering team.
    Woth to mentioned, that each time that I delete the TomTom Go App in ios and install the 'older' Version that I'm to test in the given device (Iphone 6s, 7, 8, 12 as well as in the corresponding iOS, ie ios 12.x, 13.x, etc, it takes some 'time' until the app downloads the maps.. so this deleteing and installing of TomTom Go for iOs answer for every single time that there are bugs with the iOS TomTom Go Version is not the best 'solution' as the 'results' are still the same, namely the app, TomTom Go for iOS crashes (however, the older versions of the same app on the same device as already mentioned, works without issues.

Please advice how this problem can be resolved.

Regards
  • davemevansdavemevans Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Both myself and my partner have had the freezing issue for a long time on iPhone 12 pro max ios 15.0 and iphone 8s ios 15. In fact it's been an issue for years and tomtom doesn't acknowledge it as a problem. Both phones freeze randomly with or without car play. It's driving my partner mad. It happens more often the older the phone. I could not use tomtom at all on my 6s plus as it ALWAYS froze.
  • bennoknaapbennoknaap Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Tomtom on iPhone, IOS 15, App 2.7.2 Freezes during startup app if Wifi or 4G connection is bad. When I put the phone in (Airplane mode) and then try to start the app it works fine. The app should always startup, with or without reliable internet connection.
    - Every time I launch TomTom it gets stuck at loading app. Killing the app and then restarting works.

After updating iOS to 15,.0.1 these problems are gone :)
    (Tomtom Go is 2.7.2)

• mlsredmlsred Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still not working my wife and I, we both have iPhone 11s with iOS 15.0.1 and the audio still regularly doesn't came back after a TomTom announcement/alert. No issues with other navigation apps..
  • RJDRJD Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    The volume control on carplay is regularly getting hung up o the navigation control rather than audio when navigation voice is off - even if I turn voice totally off or just have alerts the volume control stays on navigation volume rather than audio volume. IOS 15.01 and iPhone 13. Only way I have found to get it back to audio is to unplug / plug back into the head or turn off the navigation route neither of which is what I want to be doing while driving.

After updating iOS to 15,.0.1 these problems are gone :)
    (Tomtom Go is 2.7.2)

Unfortunately problems appered again ☹️

• Pst_tomtom949Pst_tomtom949 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Go App slowly returns to music playback, for example, after traffic information has been provided. This is very striking when compared to other traffic apps. I am an Apple Carplay user. I hope that several users have experience with this. Perhaps this can be resolved. (in recent past I didn't have this problem).
  • Jan de ManJan de Man Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here. After IOS 15 IPhone 8 update starting the app hangs random Closing the app and all other backgrounds threads and restarting the app sometimes helps. Very anoing problem if you depending on this app for route navigation. Now the latest 15.2 version of IOS makes no difference. Also the sound problem which also accors if you reach the speed limit. Switching from station will let the sound volume comes back. Hopefully problem gets solved at short term.
  • PB2012PB2012 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Glad I found this thread. Been having the hanging on startup issues since iOS 15 came out. iPhone 11

Long journey today and noticed the other issues mentioned here. Listening to an audiobook on Audible and camera alert came up and instead of reducing Audibles volume it just stopped the audiobook.

After two or three occasions got annoyed and switched to radio. Then when a camera alert came up the volume dipped for the alert but instead of restoring straight away it would remain dipped until the distance alert was removed. So when crawling through traffic on the motorway today and a camera alert popped up, we had very quiet radio for the 2-3 minutes it took to cover the distance to the camera.

Do they test their software or just chuck it out?

Not sure I’m going to be paying for this when renewal comes up in January. 😞
    App 2.8 released today and app still does the hanging thing on launch. 😞

Not tested CarPlay yet.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,699
    Community Manager
    edited October 26
    PB2012 wrote: »
    I wrote the following in my 2.8 announcement regarding this:

Unfortunately a fix to the startup issue could not yet be included with this build. We will release this fix separately as soon as we have it available.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    I wrote the following in my 2.8 announcement regarding this:

Unfortunately a fix to the startup issue could not yet be included with this build. We will release this fix separately as soon as we have it available.

Ah sorry didn’t see that post before.

However iOS 15.1 was released last night and this problem hasn’t occurred since it was installed.
    Any chance this might have fixed it or is it def a TT app issue?

However iOS 15.1 was released last night and this problem hasn’t occurred since it was installed.
    Any chance this might have fixed it or is it def a TT app issue?

Aw nuts. Problem back. 😞