Any way to generate test voice instruction? — TomTom Community

Any way to generate test voice instruction?

chuzzlewitchuzzlewit Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a new Rider 550 and am using it with a Sena SMH5 headset and my smartphone (Moto G5S).

Predictably I am having problems maintaining functioning Bluetooth connections etc. To check that voice instructions are being sent to my Sena headset, it would be really useful to be able to send a voice instruction (or even a "test instruction") so I can hear whether it's routed to the Sena, the Tomtom, or somewhere else.
I've definitely had a "repeat last instruction" option on a previous car satnav (may have been Tomtom), but this seems to have disappeared.

So in summary, I just want to generate a voice instruction somehow (doesn't have to be a real one), to check which output device it is routed to. Seems like a basic, useful test facility.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,380
    Superusers
    You can go to the settings and change between the Voices or you can plan a route best with many stops near you and the you can simulate the Route
  • chuzzlewitchuzzlewit Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That's really helpful and that would do it for me. However I can't see a way to "simulate route" on the Rider 550? I've used the feature on previous car satnavs, so I know what you're talking about .....
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,380
    Superusers
    edited October 6
    Plan a rout to a near destination e.g. 2 streets away.
    Then tap menu/current route/play rout preview.
    The route preview is played in an endless loop until you interrupt it.

See also the Manual:
    https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#TheCurrentRoutemenu-MASTER.htm