tomtom watch not syncing — TomTom Community

tomtom watch not syncing

iruiru Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
App connects with the clock, executes updating activities up to 11%. It stops with the error CANNOT SYNCHRONIZE, WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOAD ITS ACTIVITIES

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,808
    Superusers
    You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • iruiru Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    edited October 5
    Thanks for your interest tfarabaugh, but, the computer does not recognize the watch when I connect it.
  • jvdoordjvdoord Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same here. There is simply no connection to the tomtom-server, neither by phone or computer... All other connections of my phone and computer work very well
    1) Is it connected directly to the machine and not to a hub?
    DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER
    2) Is the port working? Can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) on that port?
    IT WORKS PERFECTLY
    3) Is the watch firmly seated in the base and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    YES
    4) Is the USB port free of dirt or blockages?
    YES
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon in the notification area)?
    DOES NOT DETECT THE CLOCK
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    YES, SPORTS CONNECT
    7) Do you have administrator rights on the computer?
    YES
    8) Is there a firewall or antivirus running preventing the software from connecting to TomTom (try to turn them off before pairing the watch)?
    DISABLED ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL
    9) Does the computer have a good internet connection (internet is required to sync)?
    IT HAS A 600MGB OPTICAL FIBER CONNECTION
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is a problem with the computer or with the clock?
    ON ANOTHER MACHINE IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM
    Superusers
    The servers were down but are back up and functioning. You should be fine now.
    edited October 6
    Thanks for your interest tfarabaugh, but, the computer does not recognize the watch when I connect it. I have tried with three different computers and the connection is not possible. The computer does not recognize the watch.
    Superusers
    Then it is the dock, look at the first part of my second response:

For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

Your only option is to buy a new dock which will be hard to do as TT Sports stopped producing them when they went out of business almost 4 years ago. You can look on third party sites and try to find one.