Search Engine on Postcodes Does Not Work — TomTom Community

Search Engine on Postcodes Does Not Work

gkeevashgkeevash Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
Hi

All the UK maps are loaded

Search engine is useless see below BN2 Brighton postcode giving Colchester CO4 results

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Garry Keevash, MAPM

Sent by Garry Keevash from his iPhone

On 1 Oct 2021, at 11:15, Apple <[email protected]> wrote:

Apple App Store

Dear Garry,
TomTom responded to your review of

TomTom GO Navigation & Traffic
TomTom GO Navigation & Traffic
TomTom
"Hi there! Thank you for writing to us. Please make sure that you have installed the necessary map zones on the app. If you still face the same issue please let us know. ^TomTom Team"

Do you want to update your review?

You can also contact the developer.

Comments

• gkeevashgkeevash Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    ntl1szai1op1.png
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,875
    Superuser
    edited October 1
    Hi @gkeevash

Interestingly the BN2 4QX Postcode is not recognised by any of the TT units I have or on another makers units that I have. Don't know if its because it covers new Halls of Residence as the Post Office whilst recognising it do not have it shown on their Map..

Doug
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,630
    Community Manager
    Same results here, BN2 is found, then it refers to BN24, once adding Q there are no results.

I removed the phone numbers and email address from your original post.
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 94 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I don't find the search function very useful as it either causes problems like this or doesn't even find what you are looking for. I much prefer the more precise method used by the original & superior TomTom Navigator of being able to enter a post code directly then get prompted for the house number or alternatively drill down to an address from city->street->number.