GO 6200 GPRS Disconnected

SamCaine
SamCaine Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I noticed some weeks ago that I was no longer receiving Live Traffic updates after getting stuck in an unexpected 12 mile motorway traffic jam.

Since then I've checked that my subscriptions are up to date (they are) and I've ensured that the device is fully charged when being used, that it is fully up to date, and I've done a couple of Resets.

Then I noticed that in the 'About' section of the Settings that it says that GPRS is 'Disconnected. I can find no way to manually reconnect this.

Does anyone have any advice, or am I possession of my second useless TomTom Satnav in 3 years?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @SamCaine

When the unit is indicating that the GPRS is disconnected are you within range of your Wifi. If so the GPRS will say disconnected.

If it is saying Disconnected when out of Wifi range then you can contact TT customer Support via Chat and ask them to check the Inbuilt Sims settings on the TT servers.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and at the bottom is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

There is one other possibility which if all other options fail to resolve your issue and the unit is out of warrantee you could try. There have been instances of the inbuilt mobile sims contacts becoming corroded and losing the connection as a result. The Sim is under the serial number label on the bottom of the unit so if you want to try then carefully remove the label and gently click the sim in/out a few times and others have found this successfully restores the service. Restore the label after you have done this to cover the sim.

Doug
  • SamCaine
    SamCaine Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response. GPRS remains disconnected whether I am in range of the WiFi (I've taken the unit out of WiFi range, and also not enabled WiFi following a Reset).

I'll change browsers and contact TT support through the Chat system.

Thanks again.