MY Start 52 is clicking of map to instructions when travelling. Why? can it be fixed?

GailScissors01
GailScissors01 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
My Start 52 when travelling is clicking off map to instructions. It is fully updated on 13.8.21 with Nav4. It is 3 years old. Why? can it be fixed?

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Hi @GailScissors01
    Welcome to the community! I am sorry, but the query is not clear to me...
    Do you mean the voice guidance is not in sync with your current driving location on the route?

Thanks!
  • GailScissors01
    New Seeker
    Thank you for replying to my query. In answer to your query, the voice is in sync with location but the visual map disappears off screen and is replaced with the route instructions.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @GailScissors01

Have you fltted a screen protector recently? Also you could try VERY carefully running something around the rim of the screen under the edge in case there is some dirt there which is applying pressure on the screen and fooling it into thinking it is being pressed.

Doug
  • GailScissors01
    New Seeker
    Thank you. I am unaware of what a screen protector is? Thank you for the tip about dirt. There is something protruding down from the middle, top of the screen. Looks like some rubber? Could this be it? Can I push it back?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @GailScissors01

May be. Try very gently pushing it back under the rim.

Doug
  • GailScissors01
    New Seeker
    Thank you. I will try it and then test the satnav on a journey to see if this rectifies the problem.