Since the weekend am having problems downloading updates. — TomTom Community

Since the weekend am having problems downloading updates.

Bunts4Bunts4 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited September 30 in MyDrive Connect
Since the weekend am having problems downloading updates. I expect the MyDrive Connect to open but instead get a Proxy Requires Authentication window. I enter my usual Username and Password that I sign in using MyDrive Connect. When I sign the Proxy window it keeps reoccurring. However eventually the usual MyDrive Connect window comes up and I have my GO6000 connected and am told that I have an update. I click on the update and then get the usual "DOWNLOADING ITEMS keep your device connected etc. Under the icon of the computer it states Getting ready with the three animated bullets. The window doesn't change as expected to the download percentage indicator and nothing happens. Anyone else get this?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Bunts4
    Welcome to the community!
    The downloads are running in the background, so it's important to keep the device connected.

Also, the security software or a firewall can block the connection. The network on which you are downloading updates could be restricted as well.

Additional information on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014520440

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Bunts4
    Welcome to the community!
    The downloads are running in the background, so it's important to keep the device connected.

Also, the security software or a firewall can block the connection. The network on which you are downloading updates could be restricted as well.

Additional information on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014520440

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Bunts4Bunts4 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Vikram, thanks for the welcome and quick response. In the end I switched off the router and then switched it back on and the result is that the update downloaded just fine. I can't get my head around this solution as my emails and many websites could be viewed just fine, though a few websites couldn't. I no longer have the Proxy Window and that was a good sign before it downloaded. Many thanks again for your quick response and help.