Use of powerbank — TomTom Community

Use of powerbank

The spark 3 does not last long enough during my bike trips of lets say 7 hours. So I bought myself a powerbank to reload my Spark3 during the trip. Is it normal that in those cases the watch jumps back to startscreen? So it looks impossible to load en register at the same time. Is that correct ?

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,145 Moderator
    Hey! Welcome @TheoKool

Yes, you are right. It's normal as when the wacht is plugged it will come back to the main screen. Due to the contact with the dock and the 4 pins at the back of the watch. Moreover, it could be dangerous and it's prevent the watch from overheating. 

Cheers,

Jim
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,808
    Superusers
    When the watch senses a change in power state it resets, so if you plug it in mid-activity it will reset. If you start it plugged into a power bank and leave it in the whole time, letting the bank run out and naturally switch to watch battery it will not reset. However, the trick is getting the cradle to not come loose the entire time (which will cause a reset), which is likely if it is in a pack. You also will not be able to wear it, nor will you get HR. You could try taping it or something possibly, but I would practice it ahead of time. You're better off using multiple devices and joining the files together afterwards. You will still have two entries in TomTom Sports, but you can upload the joined file to anywhere else you log your activities, like Strava.