How do I restart TomTom Runner 3? — TomTom Community

How do I restart TomTom Runner 3?

RaquelSSRaquelSS Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
My sports watch turned off and although the Sport Connect report that I just connect it to the computer through its own cable, it would be turned back on, when doing this nothing happens. How do I turn it back on?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,149 Moderator
    Hello and welcome @RaquelSS

Unfortunately there is no on/off button on the watch. When the watch is plugged it should turn on. If it's not the case, you can check if there are not some "faulty" pins on the dock or if the 4 pins at the back of the watch are still clean. 

Cheers,

Jim
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,815
    Superusers
    The watch cannot turn itself off, it is either a dead battery or depleted battery. If it charges when plugged in but dies as soon as it is unplugged it is a depleted battery (when plugged in it is not using the battery and the battery is not actually taking a charge, but as soon as you unplug it, it switched to the dead battery). If it does not charge even when plugged in, it may be the dock. Check if there is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. You can replace the battery yourself, TT does not do it, you will need to Google instructions, get special tools, figure out what battery you need, purchase it, install it, etc. Frankly, you would probably be better off just getting a new watch; there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago).