Is anyone else frustrated by the repeated lack of actual help from TT development / support? — TomTom Community

Is anyone else frustrated by the repeated lack of actual help from TT development / support?

grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
It would be so nice if when we left feedback or reported bugs / problems that someone from TT said "thanks and we're on it, should have something for you in a day or two". But this never seems to be the case in my experience. It could so easily be a win win!

Answers

• flamingm0eflamingm0e Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Their "support" is terrible at best. After submitting a ticket, weeks will go by before you hear anything back. And if you respond immediately after you get an email from them, it goes unanswered for days. Even after 3 months of back and forth with them, I still had to go out and find my own answer in the forums and they refused to fix the problem.

I love the app, and I love the planning app....but FFS everything else surrounding this company is crap.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 255 [Exalted Navigator]
    The answers from support are usually copy/paste non relevant answers from people who don't seem to know their own products nor have used them. I stopped putting energy it mailing support.
  • grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited September 29
    @flamingm0e

I agree. There is much to love about the app. I use it in conjunction with My Drive as I like to plan my own routes. Most people just want to go from A-Z as fast as possible, but there's Google Maps for that. Tom Tom have a unique product and a market. Just seems so short-sighted to ignore the very people that support them.
  • jacare60jacare60 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I agree.
  • ucugurucugur Posts: 36 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    grof wrote: »
    @flamingm0e

I agree. There is much to love about the app. I use it in conjunction with My Drive as I like to plan my own routes. Most people just want to go from A-Z as fast as possible, but there's Google Maps for that. Tom Tom have a unique product and a market. Just seems so short-sighted to ignore the very people that support them.

I think TomTom GO app is also the best for going from A to B fastest. Best in smart routing. Since Google sent me to barely paved, extremely narrow 2 way roads between fields, which caused a scratch on my car in traffic, I don't use Google.

I'm so unpleasant with outdated TTGO maps, yes but TomTom products are still so good that there are no such options, features in opponent companies.

I try my way of solution... AmiGO for city navigation, TomTom GO app for the travels
  • jacare60jacare60 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    "I try my way of solution... AmiGO for city navigation, TomTom GO app for the travels"

I am sorry but that is not correct, if I pay to have the TTGO it must be updated, why 2 apps if I can have one that must be updated frequently?

• RonCrRonCr Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I contacted the service team end of August. The repeated answers are: we are on it, be patient. It is October now!! Nothing changed and no proposed solutions.....