Is anyone else frustrated by the repeated lack of actual help from TT development / support?

grof
grof Registered Users Posts: 92
Supreme Trailblazer
It would be so nice if when we left feedback or reported bugs / problems that someone from TT said "thanks and we're on it, should have something for you in a day or two". But this never seems to be the case in my experience. It could so easily be a win win!

Answers

• flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 33
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Their "support" is terrible at best. After submitting a ticket, weeks will go by before you hear anything back. And if you respond immediately after you get an email from them, it goes unanswered for days. Even after 3 months of back and forth with them, I still had to go out and find my own answer in the forums and they refused to fix the problem.

I love the app, and I love the planning app....but FFS everything else surrounding this company is crap.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    The answers from support are usually copy/paste non relevant answers from people who don't seem to know their own products nor have used them. I stopped putting energy it mailing support.
  • grof
    Supreme Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    @flamingm0e

I agree. There is much to love about the app. I use it in conjunction with My Drive as I like to plan my own routes. Most people just want to go from A-Z as fast as possible, but there's Google Maps for that. Tom Tom have a unique product and a market. Just seems so short-sighted to ignore the very people that support them.
  • jacare60
    jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 57
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I agree.
  • ucugur
    ucugur Registered Users Posts: 36
    Renowned Trailblazer
    grof wrote: »
    @flamingm0e

I agree. There is much to love about the app. I use it in conjunction with My Drive as I like to plan my own routes. Most people just want to go from A-Z as fast as possible, but there's Google Maps for that. Tom Tom have a unique product and a market. Just seems so short-sighted to ignore the very people that support them.

I think TomTom GO app is also the best for going from A to B fastest. Best in smart routing. Since Google sent me to barely paved, extremely narrow 2 way roads between fields, which caused a scratch on my car in traffic, I don't use Google.

I'm so unpleasant with outdated TTGO maps, yes but TomTom products are still so good that there are no such options, features in opponent companies.

I try my way of solution... AmiGO for city navigation, TomTom GO app for the travels
  • jacare60
    jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 57
    Renowned Wayfarer
    "I try my way of solution... AmiGO for city navigation, TomTom GO app for the travels"

I am sorry but that is not correct, if I pay to have the TTGO it must be updated, why 2 apps if I can have one that must be updated frequently?

• RonCr
    RonCr Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I contacted the service team end of August. The repeated answers are: we are on it, be patient. It is October now!! Nothing changed and no proposed solutions.....
  • grof
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Hi @szachowa
    Today I cancelled my subscription. I have received no help from TT to help me get back up and running. I find it so short sighted of TT to treat their customers with such contempt. I would happily pay two or three times the annual subscription if the app actually worked for any length of time and TT offered some assistance when their loyal paying customers go out of their way to report bugs/problems. Really fed up with being treated so badly!!