Portugal, roads missing and incorrect — TomTom Community

Portugal, roads missing and incorrect

Zen_Dog1Zen_Dog1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I've just been trying to plan a trip to one of my favourite campsites in Santo Antonio das Areias, near Marvao in Portugal. There is a network of small roads completely missing from the Tomtom map, and one shown which doesn’t exist. The Amigo map is better, but still wrong. The roads are correctly shown on Here maps and Open Street Map. It's pretty annoying that the nav app I am paying for is so inferior to the free apps I use. Given that mapping is your business why have you got it so badly wrong?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @Zen_Dog1
    If the maps are correct on our AmiGO app then the changes are probably captured in our database.
    However, you can verify this by visiting our MapShare website, the website can also be used for reporting bugs.

The AmiGo app works on online maps, so they are real-time and updated frequently. These changes could take approximately 3-6 months to reflect on our NDS maps that are used on the GO Navigation apps.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 81 [Revered Navigator]
    edited October 1
    VikramK wrote: »

The AmiGo app works on online maps, so they are real-time and updated frequently. These changes could take approximately 3-6 months to reflect on our NDS maps that are used on the GO Navigation apps.

Regards,
    Vikram

Hi @VikramK ,

Has a weekly update been announced for NDS maps, but is it only worth something every 3-6 months ! (??)
    Don't you find this ridiculous?
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,158 [Revered Voyager]
    The statement is correct because it only refers to a correction.

The advertising promise is full update once a month
    (last update 25.8)

So let's wait what happens in the next few days!