Something went wrong - United Kingdom Map will not install — TomTom Community

Something went wrong - United Kingdom Map will not install

VenturoutVenturout Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited September 27 in GO Discover & GO Expert
My TomTom Go Discover 7 arrived yesterday and I'm having a problem with installing the map of the UK.

When I got the device I set about updating the pre-installed maps on the device, but with the update being 17GB I decided to delete out all of the pre-installed maps and then just install the map for the UK.

Well to cut a long story short I can now install every map with the exception of the UK which provides the message: "Something went wrong. Please come back later."

I have checked the capacity and it's fine, I've reset the device dozens of times but with no luck. I've tried to connect via USB but when I do it doesn't detect internet so I am completely stumped.

I don't know if its relevant but another thing I have noticed too is that when regardless of the size, downloads says Downloading 0.1 MB everytime.

Any ideas on how I can get the UK map on?

Best Answer

• VenturoutVenturout Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Through much perseverance I have now managed to get the UK map to finally install.

I think it might have to do with the strength of my wifi connection but not entirely sure. I couple of resets and it eventually installed itself.

Still coming up as Downloading 0.1MB though, not sure what that is about.

Answers

• VenturoutVenturout Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Through much perseverance I have now managed to get the UK map to finally install.

I think it might have to do with the strength of my wifi connection but not entirely sure. I couple of resets and it eventually installed itself.

Still coming up as Downloading 0.1MB though, not sure what that is about.