TomTom sim card functionality doesn't work cross border (outside Belgium) — TomTom Community

TomTom sim card functionality doesn't work cross border (outside Belgium)

Hello

Since I bought the GO premium I have regularly problems with receiving real time traffic info although I have a (in build) Tomtom sim card system.
In the past I already mentioned this problem and the solution was to reboot the system...
As I reboot already a few times and after a short period the problem still occurs I gave up.
The reason why I re-mentioned this issue is because when I cross the border of another country,k the Netherlands or France for example the the simcard / real time info appears immediately. Once I cross the border back to Belgium the sim card system fails again.
So for me it's very strange that this functionally doesn't work in Belgium but do in other countries...
Is there an explanation for it?

best regards
Riccardo

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    @Riccardo1972
    Hi Riccardo
    We already have an open ticket which is under investigation for over-the-air services not working in Belgium.
    If you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, I will add your report.

Thanks, Vikram
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    edited September 27
    Hi Riccardo
    Thanks for sending the serial number. My team has changed the SIM profile in the back-end. Could you do a factory reset > Login to TomTom Services on the device > Test it when you drive on a planned route next time.

To avoid losing your stored favourites/My Places, you can sync them to your account using MyDrive web.
    See -user manual .

Thanks,
    Vikram