Tips for navigating to a location on an Android phone using TomTom — TomTom Community

Tips for navigating to a location on an Android phone using TomTom

I love the fact that Android contacts allows you to tap on the right hand side of the screen for an address in order to "Open with" TomTom to allow you to use TomTom to navigate to that address.

I was wondering whether this handy feature is available anywhere else in the Android system. For example, I'd love to be able to select a location in Google Maps (e.g. one of my many starred locations) and have TomTom open up to navigate me there. Anyone know any techniques such as this?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    edited September 27
    Hi @Flanimal
    I'd love to be able to select a location in Google Maps (e.g. one of my many starred locations) and have TomTom open up to navigate me there.
    I don't think this is possible to browse the location in Google maps and open it with another app to navigate unless you manually copy the location. I may be wrong.

Best, lampard
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 460
    Staff
    Hi, I will check with the team, since adding support for share location intents from Google Maps should be possible.
  • ucugurucugur Posts: 36 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @Flanimal. AmiGO and TomTom GO apps doesn't allow search from copied geo coordinates right now. And Google maps doesn't let you navigate on TomTom GO app. So that's sadly IMPOSSIBLE by default.

On the other hand... it's POSSIBLE by third party apps. I use this one :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=catfish.android.map2geo

It doesn't create an icon when you install so it doesn't make your app drawer look crowded. Just go to Google Maps after installing, put the pin on somewhere and tap "share", you'll see the app icon among options and then choose TomTom GO after choosing it. That's it!