How to install Free For Life Speed Cameras

Silva_Fox_41
Silva_Fox_41 Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
Having done a factory reset, I found that I didn't have any free speed cameras to update from! I did have the option of taking out a £2.99 a month prescrition though. Any advice on solving this problem would be appreciated as I am at my wits end and feel like throwing the Sat Nav out of the window if it hadn't cost so much...

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,769
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Try on your Mydrive connect account to reinstall them if not possible

Come back on Monday the [email protected] will watch your rights are restored.

Answers

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    If your GPS is not purchased with free lifetime speed camera updates, you must take out a speed camera subscription.
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    It had a lifetime subscription that I have used for the last four years until I did a factory reset, then only subsciption speed cameras were shown in updates. Thanks for your reply anyway.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Try on your Mydrive connect account to reinstall them if not possible

Come back on Monday the [email protected] will watch your rights are restored.
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Willy. Believe me, I've tried every thing suggested using My Drive. I hope VikramK can re-instate my SUBSCRIPTION. I had a 'blonde' moment when posting stating PRESCIPTION rather than Subscription. Given the head ache my Sat Nav has given me, prescription for the pain was on my mind. Does TomTom have a dedicated UK phone line, all the ones I've tried seem to go to somewhere in the world where English is spoken as a foreign language?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    No more phone to contact Tomtom customer service.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Willy, just the info I need. The 'Answer Bot' was as much use as a chocolate fireguard/teapot...
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Hi @Silva_Fox_41
    Welcome to the community! Your TomTom already comes with a subscription that is valid for the lifetime of the device.

Have you tried reinstalling the speed cameras using MyDrive Connect?

Steps as below-

Remove speed cameras - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Disconnect the device and perform a soft reset-

Install/update speed cameras-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Disconnect the device and perform another soft reset.

Test the device on a planned route and see if the alerts are working.

Thanks, Vikram
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello VikramK

This is what I have in 'My Content' 'My Speed Cameras'. I have 'World Speed 1 Month' with install button and 'Speed Cameras' expired with 'Activate' button. When I click 'activate', I'm offered Speed Camera Updates for £2.99/month, free for 2 months. Nowhere does it say activate 'Free Lifetime Speed Cameras. I'm sure there's a simple solution to my problem, I just can't fathom it...

Regards Silva
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello VikramK

I've been mulling over my SatNav no Free Speed Cameras for Life problem. If I'm able to purchase Subsciption Speed Cameras (I did and cancelled once I'd realised that 'Free' wasn't 'Free') using 'My Drive Connect, surely the problem is at TomToms server end and 'Free Cameras' just needs enabling. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Regards Silva
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Hello,
    Contact Tomtom support to have them assign you the lifetime speed camera update on your GPS.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560

What is the model of GPS?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2021
    Hello VikramK

This is what I have in 'My Content' 'My Speed Cameras'. I have 'World Speed 1 Month' with install button and 'Speed Cameras' expired with 'Activate' button. When I click 'activate', I'm offered Speed Camera Updates for £2.99/month, free for 2 months.

You see this message because you paid purchased a one-month subscription which should not be required for a device that comes with speed camera updates for the lifetime of the device.
    You can cancel that service on your account, see the steps here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260

Hello VikramK

Nowhere does it say activate 'Free Lifetime Speed Cameras. I'm sure there's a simple solution to my problem..

That's because the speed cameras service (lifetime of the device) is already active for your device.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi VikramK

I understand what you are saying, you haven't answered my question on how to activate 'Lifetime Speed Cameras'? As I've said, Subsciption Speed Cameras I can see, no other alternative available, most frustrating.

Regards

• Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello Vikram & Willy

I've taken your advice Willy and emailed TomTom, I await their reply with baited breath.

I wasn't sure Vikram, whether you worked directly for TomTom or not and had the authority to initiate server end changes. From what I gather, you don't have that authority.

I'll keep you both posted on the outcome from TomTom, and thank both of you for your help.

Kind regards Silva Fox
  • Silva_Fox_41
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello Vikram and Willy

After many conversations with Rakesh at TomTom Support, and numerous screen prints, the penny finally dropped that the problem was at the server end. I kept saying it wasn't me doing anything wrong and that it was a TomTom problem.
    Today their Tech guys finally got Lifetime Speed Cameras into My Cameras to download.
    So all of you working together got the problem sorted in the end.
    The proof of the pudding will be when I go to Birmingham Airport on the A45, there seems to be a speed camera every 500 metres around Coventry.

Many thanks for your help

Silva