Maps for older devices — TomTom Community

Maps for older devices

I received email from TomTom saying that a new map was available. (TomTom XL Western Europe, Lifetime Updates). I connected to TomTom home and a message came up about old devices and lack of memory space. I checked on the list of obsolete devices and mine wasn't listed. I found a link to TomTom which confirmed my 4gb device was still ok for updates. I started download which deleted my installed map and then half way through the new map installation it stopped and said in red the new map was invalid. I don't have a back up on my PC. TomTom home now does not offer me a map just speed camera updates. I now have a satnav with no maps, which is totally useless. You do say that an old device will continue to operate but the map will become outdated. Can I get a copy of the previous map update to get my machine working again?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @PeeGee21
    Welcome to the community!
    I have activated a different version of the map on your account. It should be offered to you in smaller regions/countries.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @PeeGee21
    Welcome to the community!
    I have activated a different version of the map on your account. It should be offered to you in smaller regions/countries.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • PeeGee21PeeGee21 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Vikram
    Thank you for a very quick response and for putting the map on my account. Loaded and seems to be working fine.

Regards
    Peter