GO Supreme loses speed camera functionality — TomTom Community

GO Supreme loses speed camera functionality

Hi I have a GO Supreme 4PN50 and every time I do an update the speed camera warning functions stops working. The update process appears to complete without any errors but I no longer get alerts. I've found resetting the device which involves re setting everything up solves the problem but this is not a satisfactory solution. Is there a firmware update or can I return the device.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @already exists
    I would suggest that you do a clean reinstallation of speed cameras. See the steps in my comment here-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1779173/#Comment_1779173

Regards,
    Vikram
  • already existsalready exists Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks I will give that a try and test the result.
  • already existsalready exists Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK I wiped my device and for good measure removed the map (Australia) I then reloaded the map and reset up the device.

1st test post doing this, it worked great. A few days latter, I turned it on and let it update, which included a 400 Mb update along with the camera updates.

I then went past a known camera site, and it alerted me, but on the return trip I passed a site that normally produces an alert and nothing.

I will try going back in the next few days to re test when it's not peak hour and report the result. I expect there maybe a new update by then to further the test efficacy.

I will also try turning the device off vs sleep if it fails to see if that makes any difference.