Warning No Voices available — TomTom Community

Warning No Voices available

daved111daved111 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
when I switch on my device I get a warning no voices available you will not hear any spoken instructions so I go to tom tom site download voices and try to install them I get to 64% then message something has gone wrong, On the device settings > Voice settings this icon is greyed out the change voice is active I click on this and I get The Warning no voices available, anyone come across this or have a solution.

Regards Dave

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Hi @daved111

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • daved111daved111 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    The map on the device says it’s corrupt ( Europe) hence no maps found, I've tried every way in the forums and tutorial to uninstall it, it says it has deleted it but the internal memory shows it to still be there, as the 8gb on device is half full, so when I switch it of do a soft reset quit mdc etc it comes back up as corrupt also no maps found and no voices available as the voice settings are greyed out and select voices say's no voices loaded, so I cant get voices the until map is sorted. At the moment I have a small map on the SD card that is working in a fashion but with no sound. Also done soft resets and hard reset held the button gone to to the text press button three times and also factory resets and the reset where the cogs going round to configure unit on mdc still cant get map repaired/uninstall or installed on the device.

Regards Dave
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,319 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Remove the SD from the device try to delete it again then clear the cache and load the smallest map area
  • daved111daved111 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Tried that several times same problem with card in or out, only trouble is taking card out clearing cache when I put the card back in I have to do 30 - 40 soft resets etc for device to recognise the card again.

Regards Dave