why isnt there a TRAVEL VIA, option on the Go expert — TomTom Community

why isnt there a TRAVEL VIA, option on the Go expert

HighwaymannyHighwaymanny Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
why isnt there a TRAVEL VIA, option on the Go expert, it was useful if i had multiple drops to do, the same for all my POI's for the customers i have visited over the years, as a trucker, these are an important part of my everyday use of my sat-nav
Come on TomTom! update the firmware for these options that are still available on the cheaper products!!
As a loyal TomTom user, This is my fourth TomTom device i have purchased in 20 years, I have always rated them as the best, but i'm seriously thinking of going elsewhere if these two options are not added soon.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,863
    Superuser
    edited September 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Highwaymanny

Travel Via is dealt with another way. I am assuming the GO Expert operates the same as the GO Discover

Create a route to your final destination and Tap Drive
    Tap 3 dots at the bottom of the Route Bar
    If you have selected the Hide Route Bar option then Tap Options bottom Right of the screen when no Route Bar showing
    Tap the Magnifying Glass icon next to the 3 Other icons
    You can now use Search facility to find an address you want to add.
    When you have the search option showing then you can Tap any of the icons above the keyboard which include the Recent Destination and My Places Ions

When you have used any of those options and found the position you wish to add to the Current Route then when the Position is shown on the Map you get a menu which has 3 vertical Dots next to the word Drive. As you have a Current Route set, Ie to your final destination, when you Tap the 3 vertical dots you have the option to Add the position to your Current Route so you will go via it.

Also be aware if you have created a route or not if you move the map around and Press for about a second on the map at a position you want to go to an Icon will appear at the position and again you can either select to drive to it or Tap the 3 Dots and add it to a current route.

The net result of this is you can add Addresses, My Places, Pre installed POI's, Recent Destinations and Map positions to any route your are creating on the device.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,863
    Superuser
    edited September 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Highwaymanny

Travel Via is dealt with another way. I am assuming the GO Expert operates the same as the GO Discover

Create a route to your final destination and Tap Drive
    Tap 3 dots at the bottom of the Route Bar
    If you have selected the Hide Route Bar option then Tap Options bottom Right of the screen when no Route Bar showing
    Tap the Magnifying Glass icon next to the 3 Other icons
    You can now use Search facility to find an address you want to add.
    When you have the search option showing then you can Tap any of the icons above the keyboard which include the Recent Destination and My Places Ions

When you have used any of those options and found the position you wish to add to the Current Route then when the Position is shown on the Map you get a menu which has 3 vertical Dots next to the word Drive. As you have a Current Route set, Ie to your final destination, when you Tap the 3 vertical dots you have the option to Add the position to your Current Route so you will go via it.

Also be aware if you have created a route or not if you move the map around and Press for about a second on the map at a position you want to go to an Icon will appear at the position and again you can either select to drive to it or Tap the 3 Dots and add it to a current route.

The net result of this is you can add Addresses, My Places, Pre installed POI's, Recent Destinations and Map positions to any route your are creating on the device.

Doug
  • HighwaymannyHighwaymanny Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cheers Doug, that helps a great deal, its just a pity i cant add all the POI's i've created over the years on my last TomTom, i have about 4000 customer sites i have logged, now i have to add them all again to My Places as there is no option to import them as OV2 files?