Unwanted voice updates — TomTom Community

Unwanted voice updates

phileckphileck Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 22 in MyDrive Connect
Every time I start my TomTom i am told there are updates available. When I go to ‘updates’ I find there are 8 new Chines-looking voice updates. I have to uncheck every one before using the update stteings. How can I get rid of these updates that I will never use?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    edited September 23
    Hi
    @phileck
    Using MyDrive you don't have to select or de-select the individual files... there's a tick box above the tick boxes to select or de-select ALL the offered updates...

u8kt491e75e8.jpg
    Just use the de-select all tick box and only select your required updates... Easy-peasy....

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom and cannot be de-selected... De-select any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates....

Or try using the new MyDrive Connect feature....
    smhjmsnwz5ia.jpg
    But be aware if you are about to delete voices that are not required.... Maybe read the full thread....
    See https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773716/#Comment_1773716
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • phileckphileck Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply. I’m sick of this device. I have to deselect the Electric Charging Points which is ridiculous. I don’t want an electric car and at 72 I’m not likely to ever have one. Now I have to deselect 8 Chinese voices - why would I want Chinese voices. Every time I want to update it it’s the same routine. The Chinese gave us covid - why would zi want to listen to them? Why do TomTom do this? It should all be optional. Anyway, sorry about that but it’s going on Ebay tomorrow. And I’ll make sure others know what they are letting themselves in for if they buy the top of the range model. Social media can be very useful.