Routes won't include M2 CityLink in Melbourne — TomTom Community

Routes won't include M2 CityLink in Melbourne

BC100BC100 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
tgr4r0rjf9c0.png

Routes are avoiding using M2 CityLink in Melbourne. Image above is when I dropped a pin on the freeway and you can see it won't route to it.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,604 Moderator
    Hi @BC100

Welcome to the Community! By any chance, M2 CityLink is a toll road? I can in the screenshot below ETA that you selected an option to avoid them. Can you remove it and check again?

Best, lampard
  • BC100BC100 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes it's a toll road but I haven't selected the avoid toll roads. But I checked another toll road and it's also not working812r6cybnaqq.png
    31m1ibtbsdez.png
    Note that to avoid toll roads it would have a crossed out toll road symbol. I think the issue is that amigo is avoiding toll roads regardless of settings
    n1kdd6nl6qhh.png
    Hi @BC100

For me, it's a bit different. The M2 is still included in one of the routes suggested:
    0nr23oqtbu4w.jpg

And avoid toll option works since none of the routes suggested has a toll included in it:
    myqwg5z0uv3c.jpg

I'm still checking this with my team about the dotted route I can see in your screenshots. I'll let you know.

Best, lampard
    Thank you. Here's the version of Amigo for Android I'm using 4uqmd9inupv6.png
    Hi there @BC100

On Friday, we released a new version 8.172.0. Can you update the app and check if you're still having the same issue? I tried this at my end but can't reproduce this.
    BC100 wrote: »
    Note that to avoid toll roads it would have a crossed-out toll road symbol. I think the issue is that amigo is avoiding toll roads regardless of settings
    When there is no other feasible route, we will have tolls included. There might still theoretically be routes that avoid toll completely. But if you have to significantly detour, then the app will propose the route with toll.

Best, lampard
    I've updated to the latest version 8.172.0 and I still can't route to toll roads. 4u74gtuftndv.png
    wz6l3cwtthm6.png
    Thanks, @BC100 ! Can you provide an example (with the start and end point) of the route in the above screenshot? Also, the name of your phone model and Android version installed on it. I still can't reproduce this on my phone meaning the dotted route doesn't appear on the app.

Best, lampard
    From Moray St South Melbourne to Melbourne International Airport. This should route via M2 CityLink tollway. h6vo88sj40nj.png
    6ajam3h2v0qq.jpg
    c0dnflhs0anx.png
    Have you looked into this further?
    Toll roads still aren't working. Is there a plan to fix this?
    Hi @BC100

Unfortunately, the team is not able to reproduce this at our end (including me). It offers the M2 CityLink every time we try to plan the route.

Best, lampard
    Have you tried on an actual phone or just an emulator? I've tested on a Galaxy S20+ and S10. Both show same issue. d6c3kbjosba1.jpg
    I downloaded TomTom Navigation and toll roads work fine. So this is an issue with Amigo. I think you've been trying to replicate using TomTom Navigation, please test using Amigo. bfss8s81fvgd.jpg