GO App keeps giving error messages when directing me to subscription page — TomTom Community

GO App keeps giving error messages when directing me to subscription page

Stefan0202Stefan0202 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I have a tomtom go subscription since June. Now I have a new phone, but tomtom does not load the subscription. It keeps giving the message "oeps someting had gone wrong" (in dutch). even after deleting the app, clearing cache, restarting phone en reinstalling app, the same issue applies.
how to contact tomtom to get the issue resolved?! I can't find a phone number or e-mail from a proper help desk.

Best Answer

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,618
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    Can this actually be related to a bug on Google's side in regards to account management? Until fixed there is only the following solution as a workaround:
    1. Uninstall the GO Navigation app.
    2. In a BROWSER on your desktop, log in to the web interface of Google Play with the account you used to purchase.
    3. Install the GO Navigation app from the web interface to your device.
      Don't use the Play Store app for this, but use the install button and choose your device in the browser.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Hi @Stefan0202

Welcome to the Community! Is this only happening when you tap on the subscription screen (Main Menu> Settings)? Are you able to use the app apart from that?

Best, lampard
  • Stefan0202Stefan0202 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampart, no I cannot use the app. it always tries to move directly to the subscription page and there it keeps crashing. I have attached a screenshot of the error message (it is without a code)

Note my google app store e-mail is not the same as my tomtom account e-mail.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,618
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    Can this actually be related to a bug on Google's side in regards to account management? Until fixed there is only the following solution as a workaround:
    1. Uninstall the GO Navigation app.
    2. In a BROWSER on your desktop, log in to the web interface of Google Play with the account you used to purchase.
    3. Install the GO Navigation app from the web interface to your device.
      Don't use the Play Store app for this, but use the install button and choose your device in the browser.
  • Stefan0202Stefan0202 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    thanks for helping out!