GO stays black when re-opening in Android 10 — TomTom Community

GO stays black when re-opening in Android 10

Hi all,
I've been using the GO app for quite a while. Now I have upgraded to Android 10 the GO app is fine when first installed but as soon as has closed it won't restart again. The screen just stays black.
After re-installing the same thing happens.
Can anyone help?

Cheers

Best Answer

• Beelder68_Beelder68_ Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Well, I think that is what the problem is/was. After installing the app and quite a few maps in Android 10, the GO app would hang on start up and never get going.
    The solution for me was to go to Settings, Storage, Other apps, TomTom GO, Clear cache. And hey presto, GO starts working again.

Answers

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    Hi @Beelder68_ , could you please provide some screenshots when this issue happens?
    Also, could you please provide information about your device? Model name, manufacturer.
    Hi szachowa, thanks for your reply.
    The phone is a Blackview BV9900 Pro with Android 10.

When I click on the TomTom GO icon the screen goes black like it used to do on my old Sony, just before the start up screen. On the Blackview it doesn't go onto the start screen though. If I take a picture of the black screen it just mirrors. The program does stay live in the background as shown in the attached picture.kz6c4lzjjj8g.jpg
    Strange, this morning, the GO app just started working. No idea what has changed...
    Ah, stopped working again! Black screen again. Anyone know if there is a debugging program in TomTom GO?
    Well, my phone sat all night with a black screen from TomTom GO again. Waze and Coyote are working fine so probably best to stop my subscription to GO?
    Had ik niet verwacht van een Nederlands bedrijf... Jammer.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    Hi @Beelder68_ , if possible, please share your AppID from the app.
    AppID can be found in the About screen. Just tap it to copy it to clipboard.
    After re-installing again just now it has restarted again. MYAN40BA77AB37C031DBA2463214AC2F38FD5EF98E7C
    Just re-installed it, made sure all the permissions are correct. Runs fine until the GO app is turned off completely. On re-start just a black screen. Strange as all my other apps including some navigation and camera apps work fine.
    Ah, just tried something different. I cleared the cache and the GO app starts again.
    Accepted Answer
    Well, I think that is what the problem is/was. After installing the app and quite a few maps in Android 10, the GO app would hang on start up and never get going.
    The solution for me was to go to Settings, Storage, Other apps, TomTom GO, Clear cache. And hey presto, GO starts working again.