Traffic on Go App

Caherconree
Caherconree Registered Users Posts: 46
Prominent Wayfarer
Hello all,
As my new car has an inbuilt sat nav info system that's not do good I've started using the app through Android auto. Not so impressed do far coming from. 6200. Side bar missing and last night traffic also not responding as I was left in a 1hour queue with no warning. Or attempts to reroute me.
Am I using this wrong; can it be configured?
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 36
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Android Auto has some limitations that are set by Google. That's why the sidebar and the including traffic warnings are not displayed. TomTom is looking if there can be a workaround, but at this moment the TomTom Android auto navigation apps has the same look and feel as all non-Google navigation apps on Android auto due the limitations.

Answers

• Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 36
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Android Auto has some limitations that are set by Google. That's why the sidebar and the including traffic warnings are not displayed. TomTom is looking if there can be a workaround, but at this moment the TomTom Android auto navigation apps has the same look and feel as all non-Google navigation apps on Android auto due the limitations.
  • Partnair
    Partnair Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    When do you expect that the sidebar will appear. I subscribed for a year. Without the sidebar I still have to use my samsung s9 to see Tomtom traffic and that was not the intention.
  • Partnair
    Partnair Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited November 2021
    Please answer on [email protected]

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 550
    Revered Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    1. TT choosed Google for AA support
    So only Google knows the exact date when the template will be opened for routebar to the paying partners just like TT.

2. TT choosed also NDS for maps
    So the NDS company only knows the date when to implement special effects for maximum speed.
    In Germany NDS decided to no longer show the allowed speed if variable limitations are set for some parts of the Autobahn.
    So TT could no longer present this information..

3. Traffic
    That belongs currently to TT.
    TT has to pay for the internet based server capacities.
    So it is normal as I know since 2015 for TT not to pay for hot standby capacities.