Subscription from Rider to GO App — TomTom Community

Subscription from Rider to GO App

Jarfoster_11Jarfoster_11 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a rider 550 and have support for this into 2030s
I have downloaded Tom Tom go on my phone which transfers onto my Android auto in my car.
It (Tom Tom go )has just told me that my subscription runs out tomorrow .
Is this right ? Do I need to take out another subscription on another device?

Comments

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,271 [Exalted Pioneer]
    The Tomtom Go application has a 30-day trial period after which you have to take out a subscription.
  • Jarfoster_11Jarfoster_11 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Even though my account is valid into the 2030s !
    That’s crazy.
    I’ll carry on using google maps in my car. I think it’s as good if not better anyway. Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,825
    Superuser
    Hi @Jarfoster_11

When you purchase a Tomtom Unit or App, as with other makes, lifetime mapping etc is tied to the serial number of the device they were supplied with or the mapping etc was bought for. The Maps and lifetime benefits are not useable or transferable on or to another device. For example as a user like you I cannot take an extra memory card out of one unit and use it in another one similarly I can’t use one Road Fund Licence to cover more than one car.

Doug
  • Don-Pedro1Don-Pedro1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 20
    I ordered Speed Camera World for 1 year in September 2020. Everything went fine. Unfortunately, the navigation system broke in July 2021. Since I no longer need a sat nav, I thought the app would expire in September anyway, and that was it. Thought wrong !!! Tomtom debited € 29.99 via PayPal in September 2021 and converted my first order into an annual subscription. I have already written umpteen emails to the support that this subscription will be canceled immediately, but unfortunately I have not received an answer to this day. I think it's a really big mess what Tomtom pulls off.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,825
    Superuser
    edited September 20
    Hi @Don-Pedro1

Go to the main Tomtom website and log into your account. Your account options should then appear at the top including Subscriptions. If you click on Subscriptions you will see it listed and you can then cancel it.

Doug
  • Jarfoster_11Jarfoster_11 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hardly surprising they only have one star on Trustpilot……Think I’ll add to it !!