Help Go 5200 speed cameras alerts not working — TomTom Community

Help Go 5200 speed cameras alerts not working

I have two devices. Go 5200 that I use in the car and a Go 520 that I use for my works van. Issue I am having is with the speed camera updates. My 520 in my van as usual gets a update note every week about updating to the latest camera update. Usually my 5200 gets this too but recently (4 weeks) my 5200 isn’t advising of an update but my 520 is. I have tried a soft reboot, uninstalled maps and re installed them but nothing. Anyone know what the issue is or how to fix it

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,834
    Superuser
    edited September 18
    Hi @Quidzilla

Look back here on Monday when @VikramK or @lampard will have picked this up and checked your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Hi @Quidzilla
    The service for speed cameras on your account look okay. I would suggest that you remove the existing database of speed cameras and then do a fresh installation.

1. Remove speed cameras using the Remove Content tab in MyDrive Connect. (Procedure explained here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1137413/an-interface-upgrade-in-mydrive-connect-we-have-added-a-remove-content-button)
    2. Perform a soft reset -

4. Reinstall speed cameras and follow up with another soft reset.
    5. Test the device on a planned route.

- Vikram
  • QuidzillaQuidzilla Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for this will give it a go.

Is there a way I can do a full reset. Found out today got no voices now and no sound warnings for the cameras installed. It comes up with the camera warning but no sound to go with it. I still get sound on the device as get the click noise.

Before anyone asks yes I have checked to make sure I have not selected the mute button 😂
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,319 [Exalted Pioneer]
    To verify

Select Settings in the Main Menu, then select Sounds & Warnings.

On this screen, you can change sound and warning settings.

Warning type

You can choose how you want to be warned:

Read aloud
    Hear spoken warnings and warnings sounds.

Sounds
    Hear only warning sounds.

Visual only
    No warning sounds are given.
    Willy875 wrote: »
    To verify

Select Settings in the Main Menu, then select Sounds & Warnings.

On this screen, you can change sound and warning settings.

Warning type

You can choose how you want to be warned:

Read aloud
    Hear spoken warnings and warnings sounds.

Sounds
    Hear only warning sounds.

Visual only
    No warning sounds are given.

Thanks, checked these and they are all set correctly
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    edited September 23
    Hi
    @Quidzilla
    When you deleted the Speed cam file... Did you also delete any or all of the voices that you were NOT using ??? If 'Yes'....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773716/#Comment_1773716
    Maybe read the full thread....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Quidzilla
    When you deleted the Speed cam file... Did you also delete any or all of the voices that you were NOT using ??? If 'Yes'....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773716/#Comment_1773716
    Maybe read the full thread....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Don’t think so, however think May of fixed it but doing a full reset and downloading map again. When finished it had a speed camera update and voices were there. Will know for sure when next weeks update comes out if it is fixed but looking good.