GO Discover - Camera Update?

2»

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Willy875 wrote: »

Go discover is not yet compatible with Mydrive connect.

Oh, I see. sorry about that, i will let someone else help you that has more experience :) have a great day!
  • big
    big Posts: 1,719
    Superuser
    edited November 2021

Go discover is not yet compatible with Mydrive connect.
    MyDrive Connect is compatible as far as using your computer's internet for system updates and system recovery. However, as stated here before, maps need to be added/updated via a WiFi connection.

• John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 749
    Revered Pioneer
    @VikramK ,

Well, I haven't received any Updates this Week either!!

It would be useful if TomTom could make it clear just what is supposed to be happening!!
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    John-Jay wrote: »
    @VikramK ,

Well, I haven't received any Updates this Week either!!

It would be useful if TomTom could make it clear just what is supposed to be happening!!

@VikramK , Yet again, I have NOT received my Weekly Update &, yet again, there is still NO Response from the TomTom Reps!!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,526
    edited November 2021
    Hi John
    If weekly map updates on dependent on the monthly full map update. If the monthly map update gets delayed, then that also impacts the weekly updates.
    Yesterday (10th November 2021) we released a monthly full map update for Europe.

Regarding speed camera updates, I mentioned earlier, they can be updated in two ways-

1. Weekly map updates
    2. When connected to TomTom Services and driving on a planned route (OTA- Over The Air). Process happens in the background.

Is your GO Discover not alerting for speed camera (fixed and mobile) when you drive on a planned route?

Regards, Vikram
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi John
    If weekly map updates on dependent on the monthly full map update. If the monthly map update gets delayed, then that also impacts the weekly updates.
    Yesterday (11th November 2021) we released a monthly full map update for Europe.

Regards, Vikram

Hi, @VikramK Firstly, I have NOT received "Yesterday's" Full Update (did you mean yesterday or today, as you cite 11th, which is today)!

Secondly, whilst I can understand the occasional "missed-weekly-update" whilst waiting for a Monthly update, it doesn't explain why I have NOT received any Update for THREE successive Weeks!
    Is your GO Discover not alerting for speed camera (fixed and mobile) when you drive on a planned route?

I certainly have Fixed Speed Cameras displayed, but I don't ever recall Mobile being displayed!

Obviously, I'm NOT aware of any Speed Camera Updates as I'm NOT aware of any Speed Camera that has been added (or removed) recently!

• VikramK
    edited November 2021
    Hi @John-Jay
    I have NOT received "Yesterday's" Full Update

(did you mean yesterday or today, as you cite 11th, which is today)!

Sorry, I posted a bit early about the full map update. We did release a map on the 10th November

(I have edited the date in my comment above)

but that was only available for test/beta devices.
    The full map update should be out soon for all production devices as well.

Secondly, whilst I can understand the occasional "missed-weekly-update" whilst waiting for a Monthly update, it doesn't explain why I have NOT received any Update for THREE successive Weeks!

As far as I am aware, the weekly updates are similar to MapShare patches that get applied to an existing map. If the previous full map update is too old, then weekly updates can't be rolled out.

I will do some asking around to find the exact time span.

Do you remember when was the last full map update installed on your GO Discover?
    I certainly have Fixed Speed Cameras displayed, but I don't ever recall Mobile being displayed!

Mobile cameras updates can't be rolled out through weekly map updates, but they are definitely a part of our over the air service. If the GO Discover has never alerted for mobile cameras, then I would recommend that you report this to our customer service team to investigate.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK

I've had Full updates on:-
    • Approx 18th Aug (after initial Purchase)
    • Approx 13th Sept
    • 13th Oct

I had ONLY ONE Partial (Weekly?) updates:-
    • 20th Oct

In other words, in nearly 3 months, I've ONLY had a single Weekly Update!!

Hi @John-Jay

Do you remember when was the last full map update installed on your GO Discover?

Regards,
    Vikram.

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 480
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    Hi @VikramK @John-Jay

I too have been experiencing sporadic map updates on my Go Discover, although I have not empirically documented dates………………… but a similar pattern to @John-Jay.

However I was concerned to read above that a full map update released ~10 November was for test / beta devices………………

as per @VikramK

“Sorry, I posted a bit early about the full map update. We did release a map on the 10th November

(I have edited the date in my comment above)

but that was only available for test/beta devices.
    The full map update should be out soon for all production devices as well.”

I updated what I believe was a Full map update (~1.6gb for United Kingdom) on my Go Discover ~10 November, so does this mean that TomTom is regarding my Go Discover device as a test / beta device……………………..?????

If so, why is this and may explain why I am experiencing several other issues on my device – viz Reduced Traffic Horizon radius, no alternative routes offered when a delay occurs and absence of some Live Services (Car parking Capacity information)??

I noticed that there was a very small update available on my Go Discover yesterday at 0.5mb, but that has increased today to 1.7mb for the United Kingdom.

Is this a weekly or what appears to be a daily update?

How do we check what map version is installed on our Go Discover as looking on the device all it says is “Installed Maps WORLD”?

TomTom needs to clarify the map update process / timetable as currently there is conflicting information on this issue!
  • big
    big Posts: 1,719
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    There currently is no way to show what version map you have. Indeed, since maps are updated frequently and by region you may have several different versions of maps on your device at the same time.
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK ,

This is now the FOURTH week that I have not had ANY form of Update (either Full or Partial) - could I please have some explanation of what is going on? Certainly I'm NOT getting the Advertised Weekly Updates!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,131
    Elite Voyager
    Hi
    do you make updates via wi-fi GPS plug into a mains charger?
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi
    do you make updates via wi-fi GPS plug into a mains charger?

Hi, @Willy875 , yes it is powered directly from a Mains Charger with NO connection to the PC!
  • VikramK
    edited November 2021
    John-Jay wrote: »
    This is now the FOURTH week that I have not had ANY form of Update (either Full or Partial) - could I please have some explanation of what is going on? Certainly I'm NOT getting the Advertised Weekly Updates!

Hi John
    Last week the full map update was made available to all the production devices, and we also released the weekly map update this week - Tuesday (16th November 2021)

My Product Team informed me that we have few reports where the map updates for the GO Discover and GO Expert are not offered if the device is connected to a Wi-Fi® with the frequency 5GHz.

You can check this on your TomTom. Go to-

Main Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap on the connected network

> Scroll down
    and you will see the frequency.

If it's 5GHz then I would recommend that you try connecting the device to a Wi-Fi with a frequency of 2.4GHz.

Thank you,
    Vikram
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK ,

Most strange!!

I had double-checked my Device, just a couple of hours ago, & confirmed that I hadn't received any Updates!

Obviously, following your Advice, I went into Settings - but I didn't have to go any further, since I now had a Full Update (17.1GB) waiting for me! Its now updating as I post this!

However, after updating, I will check whether I'm using 5GHz or 2.4GHz & change if necessary - hopefully this will make future updates more reliable!
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK

After getting the above update, I did change the WiFi settings to 2.4GHz - the following week I got a 15GB update - HOWEVER, I've received NOTHING since!

In other words, I still NOT receiving regular Weekly updates - REGARDLESS of whether I'm using 5Hz or 2.4 GHz WiFi!!

I really wish TomTom would sort this out!
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @VikramK

Just over an hour after I write my previous post, I receive a small (2GB) update!

However, it still does NOT answer my Question as to why I do NOT get reliable Weekly updates!!