Hungary map quality gets worse — TomTom Community

Hungary map quality gets worse

csandrascsandras Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I was using Go on my iPhone for years with pleasure. Recently in my home country I receive guidance what try to drive me on freshly built roads which are not yet opened or the navigation try to make me a U turn in the center if Budapest on a road where it is not possible (forbidden). Was there any change on map providers?
This is so bad that I cancelled my subscription renewal and consider to abandon using the app.

Best Answer

• dezmodezmo Posts: 81 [Revered Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    csandras wrote: »
    ... Was there any change on map providers?

Recently ( a year or so) TT introduced a new NDS map sets. Unfortunately it seams that they forget if they already have a good old set of maps with better coverage.
    Now that we can travel again (Corona restrictions are less) , every day I discover roads that were sure to be there on the old maps but washed away now.

Regarding to MapShare-reporter.
    Reading other topics, It seams to be TomTom did not find a proper way how to transfer the corrections from MapShare to NDS maps yet. :'(

Answers

• dezmodezmo Posts: 81 [Revered Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    csandras wrote: »
    ... Was there any change on map providers?

Recently ( a year or so) TT introduced a new NDS map sets. Unfortunately it seams that they forget if they already have a good old set of maps with better coverage.
    Now that we can travel again (Corona restrictions are less) , every day I discover roads that were sure to be there on the old maps but washed away now.

Regarding to MapShare-reporter.
    Reading other topics, It seams to be TomTom did not find a proper way how to transfer the corrections from MapShare to NDS maps yet. :'(
  • csandrascsandras Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]

Well, I could use some community navigation and happily contribute/correct map quality issues. But I choose to pay TT for providing me quality offline maps instead. I do not have time to contribute and correct the map quality, I do not even want to - do they pay me for that? No, I pay them. Now as TomTom choose not to provide a good quality map I choose not to pay anymore. Simple as that. It seems navigation companies tend to forget why and how they became good and large once they become one.