How do I get my network connection to recognise MyDrive Connect? — TomTom Community

How do I get my network connection to recognise MyDrive Connect?

dinnodazedinnodaze Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have TomTom Go 510 and have MyDrive Connect running on a Mac, Big Sur. The device is 'not connected' and when I go to System Preference/Network TomTom isn't listed. Ive tried the + button to add it to the list but there’s no TomTom connection listed. I've tried a clean uninstall/reinstall but although MyDrive Connect will open, it won't allow the device to connect.

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,319 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Try to do a reset try with another cable try to change the USB port on the computer
  • dinnodazedinnodaze Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, but I’ve tried all of those. The cable is the original and works, I’ve tried the 2 USB ports and reset changes nothing. The TomTom link was on my Network list and I tried the ‘Renew DHCP Lease’ in advanced settings but again, nothing. I’ve even tried Recovery but when the video talks about white text appearing on the device screen, as you hold the start button down, mine just does a reset and restarts.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,835
    Superuser
    Hi @dinnodaze

Regarding the white text appearing if you continue to hold the ON/OFF button in for about 30 seconds and you have heard the Drumroll sound then the white writing should appear. You must keep pressing the button until it appears.

Doug
  • dinnodazedinnodaze Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you Doug - I was releasing as soon as the drums sounded. Then it's 3 'press and release' and then connect to computer?