Does anybody find the newer "Discover" maps difficult to use compared to the "Premium" mapping??

DavidCoachDriver
DavidCoachDriver Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
I have just upgraded from a Tomtom Premium to Discover. I drive professionally and use the sat nav everyday. I like to use the 2D mapping which gives a good view of the current route & also the general surroundings nearby. I'm finding the newer "Discover" mapping very poor. Lack of colour. Very greyscale. Difficult to identify other roads close to your route. Is it a A, B, of C class road etc. My "route"/road is very wide on screen with very little detail of villages/other roads either side of me unless you zoom very close.

Premium tomtom images...
5x1osgwdzotd.jpeg
dgu40b0o5cw0.jpeg
5n2fffququbf.jpeg

Discover tomtom images...
7xac2sqn3z89.jpeg
908hkdsjb0qb.jpeg
brj6qsckov5u.jpeg
yov1ppsrtxgn.jpeg

Any advice gratefully received. I've had many tomtom's over the years. All served me well. Feeling somewhat dismayed with this one.

David.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    not many colours
    true
  • cbrfireblade
    cbrfireblade Registered Users Posts: 84
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Agree map not good. I have the go 6200 in my car which is very good but unless improvements are made to the dicovery I certainly will not be upgrading to the discovery when the 6200 is no longer supported I will use my rider 550 in my car.
  • lyndon1230
    lyndon1230 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    The maps are very outdated as well. Waste of money.
  • Jaflonpink
    Jaflonpink Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    I agree , maps are very poor these days, lacking detail and colour.
    I’m afraid TomTom are really a poor company these day, support is diabolical. It’s such a shame they were the best navigation company by far.