GO Camper has lost it's caravan height and speed function after factory reset

vovvelivovven
vovvelivovven Registered Users Posts: 11
Legendary Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello,
My 3 months old GO Camper asked for a major update and I st rted it with an USB powering charger connected and with strong WIFI signal. After a couple of minutes we got a mains power outage lasting for several hours meaning there was no WIFI.
Later the same day I tried to get the download to continue but it did not. I then chosed to stop the session and lost everything stored in the unit.
Happy in mind I made a factory reset. But to my big surprise it says it is GO Camper but get only the choice of car or camper(light). No Caravan was shown as possible choice. I marked the camper then but when klicking proceed it changed to car.
I bought this navigator for getting a fair idea ow travelling time when towing my caravan. Now it miscalculates the arrival time becuase I do not drive faster than the limit 80 km/h for trailers in Sweden.

So, the users manual is of no help. The computerized chat robot ask me to "Reset your password" as remedy. I have not done that becuase I cannot understand what my password for ToTomhome has to do with not getting a correct set of options when setting up the navigator.

The serial number is ZA1201T00068 8PL6.002.20SIM
The model name on the box is "GO Camper Model Name: 4PL60

Thanks any helpful hints // Ingvar, living in Boraas in Sweden

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @vovvelivovven

Can you go to Menu/Settings/ Maps and check if the selected map has Camper in the description. If not the go to Add a Map and load the Europe Camper Map

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @vovvelivovven

👍

Be aware that “Camper” maps are the only ones that give you the option to input vehicle info all the other maps available to you are Car specific.

It is a good idea to have a second map on the device and that you do all map updates individually. This helps avoid the No Maps Found situation because if you lose your main map during an update you have the second map available so you can run the device normally and reload the lost map.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @vovvelivovven

Can you go to Menu/Settings/ Maps and check if the selected map has Camper in the description. If not the go to Add a Map and load the Europe Camper Map

Doug
  • vovvelivovven
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks for quick reply and help Doug,

It is now loading the Europe camper map. This seems to take a while...

Cheers // Ingvar

vovvelivovven is my geocaching alias
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @vovvelivovven

Hope you are sorted.

Doug
  • vovvelivovven
    Legendary Explorer
    Wow - now it works!

Thanks a lot for your help. // Ingvar
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @vovvelivovven

👍

Be aware that “Camper” maps are the only ones that give you the option to input vehicle info all the other maps available to you are Car specific.

It is a good idea to have a second map on the device and that you do all map updates individually. This helps avoid the No Maps Found situation because if you lose your main map during an update you have the second map available so you can run the device normally and reload the lost map.

Doug