tom tom go won't turn on

Deodata
Deodata Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Traveler
edited September 2021 in MyDrive Connect
I've been using it and I knew where we were going, so I turned it off, and now it won't come back on? Help please or is it scrap?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Deodata

If you have an Apple or similar phone mains charger which will take your units USB cable then use that to charge the unit for about 2 hours. When it is charged and with it still connected via the phone charger press and hold in the On/Off button for 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Deodata

If you have an Apple or similar phone mains charger which will take your units USB cable then use that to charge the unit for about 2 hours. When it is charged and with it still connected via the phone charger press and hold in the On/Off button for 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

Doug
  • Deodata
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks I'll give it a go, charging but no lights, will try it in a couple of hours. Strange because it's plugged in the lighter slot all the time, which should charge it? I'll come back and let you know
  • Deodata
    Apprentice Traveler
    Done, I think when turning it back on, I wasn't holding the power button for long enough. Thanks for getting back to me
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Deodata

Glad you are sorted. When you next use the unit in the car/van press Menu and check that the Battery icon is showing that the unit is being charged.

Doug
  • Deodata
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, it's just updating at the mo.