Replace an Expired Map Service - Start25 MyDriveConnect

jezdrake
jezdrake Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Hello there - I have recently dusted off my TomTom Start25 after 5 years as I expect the re-emergence of roaming charges to make using Google Maps prohibitively expensive.

First - I logged into TomTom which still had me as a customer, told me which device I had and offered the opportunity to buy a new map. Which I did for £49. It then said I should connect my device and the map would automatically update.......No dice with TomTom Home.

It took me quite a while to understand that TomTom Home and MyDriveConnect were 2 different things but having uninstalled TomTom Home, I then installed MyDriveConnect. Plugged in my Start 25 again, and was informed that my device was still not connected, eventhough the computer monitor icon appeared on my TomTom screen. I opened hardware manager on the PC, looked at network adapters and saw that there was the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark next to it.......requesting "additional installation". I had to uninstall, then deleted all files related to my incorrect installation of TomTom Home, reinstalled MyDriveConnect and connected my TomTom - Bingo! Once connected it offered me a lot of updates which are now installed, but no sign of my map or indication of how I needed to proceed to install it.

Equally, there is no transaction history in any of my profiles either on the website or on MyDriveConnect and I frequently get the message "This Page Is Not Working at the Moment" when attempting to log in to TomTom.com. My order says "Blue&Me TomTom - Latest Map" which is not what I clicked on, but hey-ho.

I have spent a lot of time on this and am at my wit's end. Please help me install the map that I have purchased. The chatbot is no help at all, and the Help Videos are sadly lacking in the event that you hit a "bump in the road".

Jez

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,773
    Elite Voyager
    edited September 2021
    Hello You must wait at least 48 hours before the card is available on your account
    Check that you have purchased the card with your Start 25 account
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hello,
    normally you open mydrive connect you plug in the GPS ,, the monitor on the GPS shows that you are connected

remains to know how much space you have available on the GPS

open my drive connect to CONTENT and take a GPS connected screenshot
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker

Many thanks for taking the time to respond Willy875 and Nabu. The map was purchased on the 7th of September direct from tomtom.com which told me that my map service had expired. I still have the old map on my device (screenshot attached) but what is confusing is that the system does not tell me that I have any map to install.

tgt3jtmupwlp.png
    0dx1nqvky5pc.png

• nabu
     Superuser
    you have the card version 900 we are at the 1075

it's been a long time since you last updated if ever
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Hello @jezdrake

Have the customer service help you, they will check if the card purchased was assigned to the Start 25 account.

Contacter l'assistance TomTom
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @jezdrake

Re contacting Customer Support the following post by @YamFazMan is an excellent help towards this as there have been some changes.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Doug
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Doug - many thanks. I have been going around in circles. The Chatbot is no help at all I am logged in and it insists that I have to login again

40mwpby8n99b.png

This is very tiresome
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Empty cookies or change browser
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    @Willy875 Have just done so - what is happening when I click on "support" having logged in, is that it defaults to the "Discussions" home and the contact us button disappears

• jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    @Willy875 @DougLap I have just installed Chrome - and even after a new installation of completely clean software I am now getting "This page is not Working"

d1niut2xcjxp.png

I would very much like to contact the site owner!! :s
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager

Trying to select the link is to copy it to the browser bar

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    While I am able to access my account via Microsoft Edge, this is exactly how I purchased my map having logged in

ue56abpx19w9.png

My order can be seen in my account

cczdcs8f80l4.png

• nabu
     Superuser
    if I read correctly it is a Blue & Me tomtom and not a card for a start 25
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    Many thanks for your assistance @Willy875 and @DougLap It has taken an inordinately long time to sort out, but the chat function worked eventually. I copied that link from above and then copied the link address from the sign-in button and we got there in the end. Got through to an agent almost straight away after clicking on Contact Us, and while the interaction was terse and took no responsibility for the amount of hassle involved.......the map was eventually added to the correct serial number of my device and I received the 2 missing emails and advice from mydriveconnect that 20 updates were available.

We got there in the end!!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @jezdrake
    Tip... Don't update the 20 updates in one go, select and update them one at a time... If you select all the updates in one go and something goes wrong, there will be a long queue of files waiting on the server to time out....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @jezdrake

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • jezdrake
    Apprentice Seeker
    @YamFazMan @DougLap Thanks for your advice - as it happens all 20 updates at once worked (I've only just seen your comment) and after installing Chrome, I had the undesirable experience of almost falling for a spoof website (tomtomeasyupdate.com) and I note that you are keeping a list which must be useful for TomTom itself.

Thanks again.