App/Watch Not Syncing

msergison
msergison Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm having trouble pairing & syncing the Sports app to my new phone (Moto G30). After some time, I managed to get the 2 paired but the syncing issue remains. It starts to sync my activities, gets to about 24%, then switches from this point to syncing the GPS which gets to about 40% the jumps to 100% & neither the activities nor the GPS have updated. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, turning Bluetooth off/on & forgetting the devices & re-pairing but nothing is fixing this syncing problem. Any suggestions please?

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Are you sure you logged into the same account when you set it up on your new phone? If you did not use the same email and password during the registration process the activities may be uploading but to a different account. You should reset the phone connection following these steps, making sure the credentials are right. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

• msergison
    Apprentice Seeker
    After about 1/2 dozen attempts last night, the watch & phone finally synced fully to upload my run. So, it can be done & I was using the same login credentials. I just need it to be done on the first attempt from now on, but I'm not optimistic about this; I still think there's some sort of compatibility issue. But, I may try your suggestion next time, tfarabaugh, thank you.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    msergison wrote: »
    After about 1/2 dozen attempts last night, the watch & phone finally synced fully to upload my run. So, it can be done & I was using the same login credentials. I just need it to be done on the first attempt from now on, but I'm not optimistic about this; I still think there's some sort of compatibility issue. But, I may try your suggestion next time, tfarabaugh, thank you.

Your best bet is to reset the whole thing including the factory reset as it could be a fault in the firmware on the watch or the software on the phone.
  • adamvinh
    adamvinh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    The app works well except for one issue - the runs don't show in the feed straight away. I often need to restart the phone to make them appear. Otherwise syncing is straightforward, the route is clearly mapped and a good range of stats are presented.
  • msergison
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes, adamvinh, restarting my phone usually does the trick now. It's a bit of a pain, having to do this, but it's better/cheaper than having to replace the watch or my phone. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Cheers!