Password Incorrect

AnnieGunn
AnnieGunn Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited September 2021 in MyDrive Connect
I'm attempting to log into my Tom Tom VIA 52 and it keeps saying my Password is incorrect.

I know the password is right as I can log-in just fine on my PC, I went and changed my password to be doubly sure and reinstalled the software. I can log-in on the PC but not the actual Tom Tom itself.

Any help? This seems like an ongoing problem that's allegedly been fixed.

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,793
     Superuser
    If all else fails, you can reset the device to factory settings and then log in to a new account
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,454
    Revered Voyager
    Try to factory reset your GPS system settings reset
  • AnnieGunn
    New Seeker
    edited September 2021
    I'll give it a go, cheers guys.

It is brand new out of the box, updated via PC, then disconnected from PC and paired with my mobile. Reset password, tried logging out on Connect on the PC in case that was the problem of being logged in on 2 devices at the same time (PC and Tom Tom) and no luck their either sadly.

Surprisingly the pairing went fine - I just can't log into the Connect on the Tom Tom itself due to the incorrect password bug.

I'll report back tomorrow.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,793
     Superuser
    Have you enabled the Bluetooth tethering (android) or Hotspot(Apple) on your Phone?
    This is required so that it can get internet data via bluetooth.
  • AnnieGunn
    New Seeker
    Yeppers, my phone and Tom Tom are paired fine via Bluetooth Tethering, it's pulled all my numbers across from my phone. I just can't log in to the Connect or Services part.

Ok, so after the factory reset the error message has changed to "we're having trouble connecting to Tom Tom services" not sure if that's a good or bad sign