Is it possible to hide certain 'My Places' entries?

cruiZer
cruiZer Registered Users Posts: 68
Outstanding Wayfarer
v3.2.12 Android

Until recently I used v1.8 with a USA and Europe map. When I used the Europe map all my USA favorites were hidden. That was very useful.
With the new version all 'My Places' show all the time.
It's useless to have USA destinations while in Europe because there's no road to the USA :-)

Is it possible to hide certain entries?

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Answer ✓
    Hi @cruiZer

It's not possible to hide certain 'My Places' in the list, I'll mark it as an improvement request. You can use a different MyDrive (TomTom) account to sync EU-specific places only and switch back to the original when you're back in US under TomTom Services in the app.

Thanks, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Answer ✓
    Hi @cruiZer

It's not possible to hide certain 'My Places' in the list, I'll mark it as an improvement request. You can use a different MyDrive (TomTom) account to sync EU-specific places only and switch back to the original when you're back in US under TomTom Services in the app.

Thanks, lampard
  • cruiZer
    cruiZer Registered Users Posts: 68
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited September 2021
    Hi lampard,

A nice way of ordering things would be the ability to place destinations in folders.
    It would fix what I described but add even more ways to organize.
    I could for example put my private, business and vacation addresses in different folders.

A Hide Folder command in configuration would be an additional improvement because in my case I would hide my USA addresses.

Another very nice option would be hiding all places that are more than a certain distance away. I personally don't make trips over 150km often, so it would greatly declutter the My Places list.