AmiGO App feedback

System
System falseRegistered Users, Administrators Posts: 484
Master Explorer
This discussion was created from comments split from: Known issues AmiGO Android.

Comments

• Richyrich1980
    Richyrich1980 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've seen a few others like myself can't see the app in android auto on their phones, I've sent an email to tomtom support a few days ago but not heard back
  • Asif786
    Asif786 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited April 2021
    Can't find any option to correct/report wrong speed limit in AmiGo (Beta). And I also miss the option of limited time specific speed limit and road entry in school areas.
  • PDADoc
    PDADoc Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    edited April 2021
    One feature that is missing is the ability to add to my places from my contact list. I would also like to see the ability to change the map colors.
  • dmarkovina
    dmarkovina Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    All data and battery savings are off, but AmiGo is still not selectable in the navigation app menu from within Android Auto for Phone Screens app. Waze and Google maps remain the only option. Are you going to add support for Android Auto for Phone Screens any time soon? The phone is Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,202
    Community Manager
    I've seen a few others like myself can't see the app in android auto on their phones, I've sent an email to tomtom support a few days ago but not heard back
    We're already looking into this together with Google.
  • tackletart
    tackletart Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    I've been using the app for a couple of weeks on an Oppo Find X3 Pro
    I have found a couple of issues.
    The voice commands are like treble speed ( on google speak & the app voice).
    The screen flickers badly in weak signal areas.
    I lose the screen when on a telephone call. Ive tried various ways to cure this
    And of course, the worst of all you lose yor map when there is no signal. All in all not really usable. I have gone back to TomTom Go which I love and hopefully this will be available on AA soon.
  • AsydRayn
    AsydRayn Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    Nice looking app, but there's no way to provide or report things that are wrong, like speed limits, etc. The reporting menu is very limited. Is there a way to zoom mao view? Nice but needs work, but it works nicely with Android auto otherwise.
  • Triz
    Triz Registered Users Posts: 12
    Legendary Explorer
    The app works great so far with AA in my car I would love if the Nav announced/pronounced street names when telling the user where to turn and I love the new male/female voice option the app is only getting better but for me the street names would make it that much better because I don't always look at the map when driving sometimes I just listen for the street or road that I'm told to turn on
  • Rackerh
    Rackerh Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    WISHLIST App is great so far.. Compliments to the developers! =)
    Could you plse add the following to the WishList:
    1. I'd like to do my route planning at home on my phone, (like I used to do with my old but sadly passed away TT Go Live) and copy the generated route to AA automagically B) upon connecting my phone...
    2. In some far away future I'd like the opportunity of planning roundtrips and save them to my AmiGo for future use.
  • Deancrofts
    Deancrofts Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Can you add route planner functions to change or create a trip please
  • Dvansan
    Dvansan Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    App really could use a report button for map errors. I have seen several wrong speed limits.

Need to add ability to report cars stopped on the road/shoulder and reporting for bad potholes would be great as well.
  • Taomyn
    Taomyn Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Where is support for Android Auto on phones?
  • crispian
    crispian Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I agree that voice support for street names would be great in future, but my major issue is that Amigo stays open on my phone after I have been using it on Android Auto. Waze or Google Maps closes automatically when the connection to AA is stopped, and it would be great if this could do the same to avoid major battery drain. Otherwise great so far :)
  • Gangenon
    Gangenon Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    On the motorway in Belgium, the max speed limit is 120 km/h and not 70 km/h like my tomtom amigos says.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Gangenon wrote: »
    On the motorway in Belgium, the max speed limit is 120 km/h and not 70 km/h like my tomtom amigos says.

Does this show incorrectly in general or just in specific cases? If the later, does it show correctly in mapshare?
  • JeroenSt
    JeroenSt Registered Users Posts: 20
    Master Explorer
    edited September 2021
    Sharing locating of accommodation from booking.com app doesn't work.

Amigo Android Beta
  • JeroenSt
    JeroenSt Registered Users Posts: 20
    Master Explorer
    Voice in Amigo Android Beta has problems with pronouncing the latter S
  • u1200a
    u1200a Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi!
    AMIGO APP ON ANDROID AUTO.

WHY ASK ME AMIGO STILL THERE IS THE FIX SPEED CAMERA? (WHEN IT'S A PERMANENT FIX CAMERA!)
    WHEN THE SOUND OF THE NAVIGATION IS MUTENED , AND THE APP IS REROUTING, THE APP WHY DOES NOT MAKE AN DEFINITE, ATTENTIVE SOUND?
    EVERY MORNING WHEN I TRAVEL TO WORK, THE APP DRIVE ME A MORE COMPLEX ROUTE INSTEAD OF A SIMPLE ROUTE. (THE SYGIC DOES THE SAME!)
    IT WOULD BE USEFUL IF YOU CAN MOVE THE MAP ON THE CAR DISPLAY DURING NAVIGATION TO CHECK THE CONDITIONS IN MY ENVIRONMENT. (IN A STANDING SITUATION!)
  • Sinusq
    Sinusq Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    When I have settings 'always play voice over phone speaker' on, I get double voice from phone speaker and car Bluetooth. It should be played only by phone speaker, not car Bluetooth in that way.
  • Gangenon
    Apprentice Seeker
    eddydc wrote: »

Does this show incorrectly in general or just in specific cases? If the later, does it show correctly in mapshare?
  • Gangenon
    Apprentice Seeker
    For the moment I can just check it on the E-40 between Aalst and Brussels. Where can I find the map share? Also some other roads have a different speed limit. where can I report this?
  • Gangenon
    Apprentice Seeker
    For the moment I can just check it on the E-40 between Aalst and Brussels. Where can I find the map share? Also some other roads have a different speed limit. where can I report this?

On the tomtom go app, the speed limit is correct at 120km/h. Do these apps use different mapshares?