Unable to connect device to new 2021 iMac

Jphunited
Jphunited Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
As there are only usb c connections on iMac cannot connect premium x. I have downloaded TomTom home for the M1 chip however using apple usb a to usb c connector and a third party hub my device does not connect to iMac any suggestions welcome. Perhaps TomTom should produce a usb c connection cable as I read somewhere only to use their cables! As usb c will become more common I think this should be looked in to

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Jphunited

I use these with my MacBook Pro pre M1 chip.

Don't think using a Hub is recommended

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DNQ9FD9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doug
  • Jphunited
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2021
    I will order, and let you know, I’m sceptical as the apple a to c didn’t work, but you never know. Thanks for replying
  • Jphunited
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Doug, tried your suggestion unfortunately this didn’t resolve my problem (the connector did work with other peripherals) I am now at a loss, very strange
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @Jphunited

Sorry it did not work for you. Hope someone is able to post a solution for you.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Jphuni
    No need for a computer to update the Go premium x

a connection via wi-fi is sufficient Tomtom Home is not compatible with Go premium.
  • Jphunited
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2021
    Hi Willy, my go premium x connected ok to my MacBook Pro. I know that I can update over Wi-fi directly. Thanks for your input