Weekly-updates, offline maps....is true? — TomTom Community

Weekly-updates, offline maps....is true?

dezmodezmo Posts: 81 [Revered Navigator]
When I purchased my last yearly subscription I was got an information that the maps will be updated weekly.
On that time ( when I bought ) was a little different text in a play store but especially similar than now:

ptj1d4ijfouc.png

I did not get any map updates in a last 7 days, meaning the advertised feature is not fulfilled.

I would like to ask for a good explanation, but moreover please inform me how can be 1/52 of the price of a one-year subscription to be refunded?

Comments

• rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    I also didn't see a mapupdate the last week....
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Haha is this a joke? We received a lot of updates and now when there is a little delay you asking 1/52 of your payment back? :o
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 81 [Revered Navigator]
    edited September 11
    Brainsie wrote: »
    Haha is this a joke?
    No. I am serious.

We received a lot of updates ...
    ...and these are still nowhere near of the features and quality of the previous 1.8.xx version.
    I'm not a beta tester. I want a fully fictional program. But at least those features that they specially advertised.
    ..now when there is a little delay you asking 1/52 of your payment back? :o

Actually it is not about my 25 €-cent. It is about the fact they are lying.

It would be best for TomTom to send my money - and others money, who have been deceived - for charitable purposes.
    I also noticed,since latest switch to nds with monthly full updates, that in my area, the speeds that I posted in mapshare and where finally on the go map, are now back gone with this new nds update... Also the difference of map data in mapshare.,mydrive,go nav and amigo is strange for me. Probably pnd's also have different mapdata... I would think it's one map and it would be synchronized every month but that's obviously not the case... I'm not gonna put it back in mapshare. It's like a never ending story... I still hope one day the map will improve..
    edited September 11
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I ... Also the difference of map data in mapshare.,mydrive,go nav and amigo is strange for me. ...

.. I still hope one day the map will improve..

I already lost my trust about the New Disaster Set of maps. :'(

These was very bad at the beginning, it was bad after they "refreshed", it is bad right now. They even can not update as scheduled.
    I am very sad that the program and the maps have become so sh...tty.
  • ucugurucugur Posts: 36 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I'd say... Don't use TTGO. Use AmiGO. I have been posting for a month that TTGO maps should get a huge update where the other TomTom app has all these updates. I see all of my edits in AmiGO and I've just downloaded TTGO yesterday to see if it has new roads in my city. But it doesn't... even after 1 month. It doesn't get updates as they say. That's what I experience
    On the other hand I know TomTom maps are designed extremely good. I get quick responses for my edits and their map editing team works really fast and accurate. The problem is at the Application developing part I guess. They just can't integrate and stabilize their high quality maps for TTGO app
    Yes I have this impression also. Last I add an poi and in mapshare and mydrive and amigo it was after a couple of days integrated. Go app is always behind... I also don't see why nds is needed... Back in the days when I had a tomtom go pnd it was possible to have mapshare corrects from users and/or tomtom verified. I remember I had sometimes the possibility to receive 6 times a day a mapupdate. So it was already possible then to do changes on the map on the pnd and upload them to users who wanted. Maps where very accurate then. It can't be that every time we switch to a new version of nds that the maps begin from scratch again.... I said it before ans I say it again...
    Give amigo the go voices, the moving lane assist, route bar and all the other options... Make an option to use everyday updated online maps or monthly offline maps.. Ask money for it and put your energy in 1 app for android/ios/Huawei instead of 2 apps on three platforms. You lower the cost by half and double the resources for improving your app and maps. Thank you and good night.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 383 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited September 12
    The NDS team is currently working on a new map type called Intelligent Speed Assistance Maps for the EU but with no effort and less success.
    So lots of delays for weekly or monthly map updates are planned.

That may be also the reason why unlimited parts of the German AUTOBAHN are mostly wrong flagged with permanent 130 kmh in TT GO Nav.
    edited September 12
    @MUP
    Thanks for removing politic related sentence :)

• eddydceddydc Posts: 255 [Exalted Navigator]
    It's indeed the second consecutive week where the update is published late or completely not. On top, the updates - shown with an incorrect size, a bug which seem to last very long - still don't cover the long fixed (in MPS), mainly speed, changes.

As such, the whole map update thing is rather mind blowing since there exist an official database by the Flemish government where at least all traffic signs - thus also speed - for our region. I pointed this out several times and the answer is that they will not use external data.

The result is that all depends on the input from volunteers, putting time and effort in adjusting things in an outdated - compared to the competition like Here map creator - tool like mapshare and don't see this result in TT Go.
    I sincerely hope things - also the use of government data and a better MPS tool) will become better soon.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,156 [Revered Voyager]
    Today is Tuesday!
    where are the updates?
    The app (map 41770) has been routing incorrectly for two weeks because the road closures are incorrect.
    Thanks. B)
    The update has arrived today.
    I hope TomTom will stop lying about a weekly updates, or they will provide an update every seven days - as they advertising.
    dezmo wrote: »
    The update has arrived today.
    I hope TomTom will stop lying about a weekly updates, or they will provide an update every seven days - as they advertising.

Indeed, arrived here too. The 0.1 Mb bug is still present. I'm wondering why it take so long to fix a small issue like this.
    No it's not true. Simple as that...
    ucugur wrote: »

I know that.
    NDS maps are nothing more than fraud.
    And the advertised weekly map update is a lie.
    ucugur wrote: »

I know that.
    NDS maps are nothing more than fraud.
    And the advertised weekly map update is a lie.

Well said. TomTom Go app is basically consuming all the credibility and thrust for the company.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,603 Moderator
    Hi there,

MyDrive and AmiGO use fully online maps which have different update mechanisms compared to GO Nav maps and between themselves.

For the GO App, the following applies:
    • Changes applied to the geometry of roads, addresses, speed cameras, points of interest, and changes for the entire content is delivered with full scope updates (monthly updates).
    • Changes applied to turn restrictions and speed limits are delivered with quick updates (weekly updates).

We are aiming to stay always at the latest status of content changes. There is, however, a cutoff point and some processing before an update can go out. This means that very recent changes may not be included in the latest map update.

Best, lampard
    lampard wrote: »
    We are aiming to stay always at the latest status of content changes. There is, however, a cutoff point and some processing before an update can go out. This means that very recent changes may not be included in the latest map update.

Unfortunately, I've encountered many times that the TT Go didn't include the speed limit changed which are reported and fixed months before the most recent map update.
    Or even worse when mapshare shows the correct speed limit and TT Go still shows the speed limit of > 6 years ago. A perfect example is Heide, 3212 Lubbeek, I drove last week showing 70 km/h (whilst having the most recent maps) where it needs to be 50 km/h since ages.
    I've encountered plenty of examples like these.

I'm not an expert in cutoffs, but looking at your explanation, there must be going something wrong with the cutoffs when those things are still possible.

The 0.1 Mb download bug is also an everlasting issue. As such not a huge problem, but it doesn't give much confidence it the way things are handled and fixed.

@lampard
    I don’t know what and how you (TomTom) do with maps. But it is 100% certain that since you switch to the new NDS format, there are roads that were (are) included in:
    • version 1.8xx,
    • on current maps of Sygic
    • At mydrive.tomtom.com

are currently missing from TomTom Go for Android application.

Just one example:
    Screenshot of mydrive (<< click to see
    8928j2n65c6k.png
    The red arrows above marking a road what is missing from TT Go for android.

Screenshot of my phone (TT Go 3.2.12
    ce1bvc9kv9xv.jpg
    (I do have several other examples, in that area where I'm currently living ... I guess on other areas should be similar missing roads.)

This means - at least for me - that TomTom did some fundamental mistakes with the current maps in TT Go. Even you are advertising the opposite.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    @lampard
    I don’t know what and how you (TomTom) do with maps. But it is 100% certain that since you switch to the new NDS format, there are roads that were (are) included in:
    • version 1.8xx,
    • on current maps of Sygic
    • At mydrive.tomtom.com

are currently missing from TomTom Go for Android application.

Just one example:
    Screenshot of mydrive (<< click to see
    8928j2n65c6k.png
    The red arrows above marking a road what is missing from TT Go for android.

Screenshot of my phone (TT Go 3.2.12
    ce1bvc9kv9xv.jpg
    (I do have several other examples, in that area where I'm currently living ... I guess on other areas should be similar missing roads.)

This means - at least for me - that TomTom did some fundamental mistakes with the current maps in TT Go. Even you are advertising the opposite.

Reported GONAV-4232 to map team.
    szachowa wrote: »
    Reported GONAV-4232 to map team.

It isn't just about one issue, but plenty of others. Will there be a general investigation on the reason why the maps on the Android are different, taking all possible cycle scenarios into account of course, from MPS?

Got a little map update in TTGO... Still nothing changed compared to AmiGO. Team mostly thinks we have particular map issues in TTGO but the problem is extremely late updates.
    Four weeks are over, so the big update should come this week.. B)