How can I transfer my place to my new Discover 7

edmac
edmac Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
Nice new shiny Discover, looks much better than my Go 6100.

I have about 200 places on the old machine - it appears to be impossible to transfer these - the only option appears to be to enter them all manually - can this be true? It seems ridiculous!

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @edmac

Add the Discover unit to the same My Drive account. If you have input a new account in the new unit then you will have to do a Reset Device from Settings/System and set the unit up again inputting the same MyDrive account as used on the GO6200. This should then sync all your My Places,My Routes and any 3rd Party POI files you have loaded on the GO6200.

Be aware that if you are using both units at the same time if you input a route on one it will also appear on the other one even if whoever is using it is mid journey. To avoid this issue log out of MyDrive on both units and only log in when you need to have access to MyDrive to sync the data or to receive a route from MyDrive.

Doug

Answers

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    @edmac

You will need to log into MyDrive with the same email address that you used for the GO 6100, then sync your places there, then using the same email address log into the GO Discover, shut the GO 6100 down and then in MyDrive > "My Places" select each destination and tap "send to device"

Also see this video
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    if you have already generated another device (which) you are connected with the same email and password as the previous one

and the transfer must be done
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @edmac

Add the Discover unit to the same My Drive account. If you have input a new account in the new unit then you will have to do a Reset Device from Settings/System and set the unit up again inputting the same MyDrive account as used on the GO6200. This should then sync all your My Places,My Routes and any 3rd Party POI files you have loaded on the GO6200.

Be aware that if you are using both units at the same time if you input a route on one it will also appear on the other one even if whoever is using it is mid journey. To avoid this issue log out of MyDrive on both units and only log in when you need to have access to MyDrive to sync the data or to receive a route from MyDrive.

Doug
  • edmac
    edmac Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your help - problem solved, this is what I did, all remotely i.e. nothing plugged in:-

1. Reset new Discover - I had already started entering some places......
    2. Registered same email and password as for the Go 6000
    3. Waited about 10 minutes and : Bingo! it has synchronised my places

Thanks

Edmac
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi @edmac

Glad you are sorted. Just remember the possibility of you changing the route being followed on the other device if you are using one at the same time.

Wouldn’t want to send someone to Coventry by accident. 😂😂

Also any new My Place you add or delete on one unit will happen on the other one.

Doug