Error after updating — TomTom Community

Error after updating

robwilkierobwilkie Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi I attempted to update my car's built in TomTom (Renault Laguna Mk3) and after doing so I received the below error

"Problem with map you cannot use this map on this device TomTom: Europe-100381".

Please can you advise?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @robwilkie

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• robwilkierobwilkie Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks but I tried following those steps and now I have no map and don't seem able to re-add it.
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited September 10
    Lundi les Modérateurs @vikramk et @lampard vont regarder votre message et essayer de vous aider
    Merci - Thank You
    Hi, please can one of the moderators help me with this? I have a long trip scheduled for Wednesday and it would make my life much easier if I could get my map working again. It's the only reason I tried to update it.

Thanks.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @robwilkie

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram