my Go 620 reboots every 2 minutes when I turn on my drive connect via bluetooth phone

Arjan-W64
Arjan-W64 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Because of this I can't see the traffic on the tomtom.
how can I make sure the 620 doesn't shut down every time?

I've paired it with three different phones and all three have the same problem.
Have now driven for over a year without traffic, but I have not purchased the tomtom for that.

Would love to hear what the solution is.

m.vr.gr.

Arjan

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Best Answers

• malcs3
    malcs3 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    Answer ✓
    I had a problem that my Go Premium continually freezes then restarts over and over. I found that if i turn the My Drive syncing OFF on the device then it sorts out the problem. But it means I cannot connect to the My Drive app on my phone!!
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,771
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    @Arjan-W64
    Sorry for the late reply. I read and post mostly in the German part of this Forum.

Try out of wifi Range:
    Tap on your Phone menu/Settings/Connections/Mobile Hotspot and tethering and there enable "Bluetooth tethering"
    Does it work then?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @Arjan-W64

This should be picked up by @VikramK or @lampard when they are next on the Forum which will be Monday. They can check your units Traffic settings on the TT serversand change if required.

Look back then to see what they say

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    @Arjan-W64

Hi Arjan
    I see that you have two devices set up under the same account, could you try setting up the device under a different account and see if the rebooting issue still exists?

Regards,
    Vikram
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @Arjan-W64
    Welcome to the site....
    Further to Vikram's post....
    I see from the tread you have multiple devices on one account....
    Be aware that if both devices are in use at the same time, and the 1st user plans or clears a route on one device and the other user is already driving with a different Route... The route on the 2nd device will be cleared and replace by the route from the 1st device
    This issue can happen in both directions, if a 2nd user changes or clears a route it will also affect the 1st device....
    Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1625164/#Comment_1625164

ATB YFM
  • Arjan-W64
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    thank you for the answer.

I have removed my old tomtom.
    However, despite the fact that I have installed the latest my drive app on my phone.
    does not want to communicate with the tomtom via bleu tooth.
    It was installed via the QR code, that went fine.
    But it keeps blinking when I look under bluetooth and click on the paired phone.
    As a result, the tomtom does not provide real-time traffic information.
    Did I set something wrong?

m.vr.gr.

Arjan
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Arjan-W64 wrote: »
    Maar Hij blijft knipperen als ik onder bleutooth kijk, en op de gekoppelde telefoon klik.
    Wifi has priority over Bluetooth. Retry it outside the WIFI range.
  • Arjan-W64
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    evening Lochfrass,

Thanks for the quick response.

However, the problem is not yet solved.
    My phone is paired with the tomtom with bluetooth.
    the tomtom also sees it, unfortunately I can't post a print screen. so you can see what the tomtom has on the screen :(

With data for traffic and other services, the tomtom indicates that it cannot connect.

My phone can see the tomtom GO 620, but when I click connect, it says that this can only be done via the app.

I downloaded the app ''MYDrive EU'' from the play store, and installed it on my samsung 51A.
    I can't find any other app.

Thanks again for the service.

m.vr.gr.

Arjan

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

• malcs3
    malcs3 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    Answer ✓
    I had a problem that my Go Premium continually freezes then restarts over and over. I found that if i turn the My Drive syncing OFF on the device then it sorts out the problem. But it means I cannot connect to the My Drive app on my phone!!
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    @Arjan-W64
    Sorry for the late reply. I read and post mostly in the German part of this Forum.

Try out of wifi Range:
    Tap on your Phone menu/Settings/Connections/Mobile Hotspot and tethering and there enable "Bluetooth tethering"
    Does it work then?

• Arjan-W64
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited October 2021
    thnx,
    I think it works as it should now.
    Thanks for the tip