Routes are not synching with MyDrive on Go Discover 7

FilipLecomte
FilipLecomte Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited September 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I just bought a new Go Discover 7 and do not succeed syncing my MyDrive routes to the GPS. Strangely, the "My Places" are properly synchronized. I confirm that I am logged in on MyDrive on the GPS, it is also connected through WiFi as well as through USB with the laptop which is connected to the internet (also MyDrive Connect is on and confirms the connection).

I have tried without laptop connection (only through WiFi), with only Bluetooth Tethering and Personal Hotspot on the iPhone but although all the icons on the GPS confirm connection (WiFi, MyDrive, Bluetooth, Premium Services...) the My Routes menu is empty and states that there are no routes stored.

I also have a Start 40 GPS connected to USB to the laptop (not at the same time as the Go Discover) and here the routes are immediately synchronized from MyDrive to the TomTom GPS.

Am I missing something? I have already reset the Go Discover and started everything from scratch again with the same result: locations are synchronized but not the routes...

Thanks in advance for shedding some light here as I specifically bought the Go Discover 7 to upload the Routes

Best Answer

• FilipLecomte
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    I have found a way to sync the routes to my Go Discover 7 GPS!
    Although the routes directly sync from MyDrive to my Start 40 after having been imported as GPX files in MyDrive.tomtom.com this is not the case with the Go Discover GPS.

However, when I open the route in MyDrive and edit the route and save it again then it immediately syncs over WiFi with the Go Discover GPS.

It took me a while to figure that out...

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 304
    Supreme Pioneer
    Do a reset factory
  • FilipLecomte
    Apprentice Traveler
    Factory Reset was done - WiFi connection is active - I can download Map Updates and even synchronize "My Places" from MyDrive but not the routes.

However, I do not have any issues downloading these same routes to a Start 40 device through USB...
  • FilipLecomte
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    I have found a way to sync the routes to my Go Discover 7 GPS!
    Although the routes directly sync from MyDrive to my Start 40 after having been imported as GPX files in MyDrive.tomtom.com this is not the case with the Go Discover GPS.

However, when I open the route in MyDrive and edit the route and save it again then it immediately syncs over WiFi with the Go Discover GPS.

It took me a while to figure that out...
  • ColinN
    ColinN Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    I realise you can sync the routes you have in MyDrive with the Discovery, but the issue is that they are imported into the Discover Unit as a track, which means the unit doesn't offer alternative routing should here be a traffic problem.
    This is a HUGE backward step for TT CAR SatNave as far as I'm concerned.
    If I'm touring (difficult at the moment, I know) I have always planned a route before hand, with waypoints and stops etc, then transferred them via the micro SD card to my Go5200. They get imposed as itn files, which are ROUTES and not TRACKS.
  • DjTom
    DjTom Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I'm really disappointed that there is no SIM card in the Discovery. I've been using the TD for a few days now. However, I now have to manually connect to the TD via bluetooth. Not really ideal…. Will there be a new tomtom go with SIM card?