GO620 Supreme Speed Camera Alerts

howstat
howstat Registered Users Posts: 11
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I bought a GO620 Supreme on the understanding that it came with lifetime speed camera alerts, but I have now got a message saying subscription is expired.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi @howstat
    For some strange reason, the speed camera services were not showing active for your TomTom. My team has changed that
    Just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • VikramK
    edited April 5 Answer ✓
    @howstat
    Don't worry.. I managed to find the serial number :D

My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check again...

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @howstat

@VikramK should pick this up and can review your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here later to see what he says.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @howstat

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    I have done a soft reset but the problem persists and now my device doesn't even show under my products and when I try and add it (following the instructions) it just keeps repeating the same prompt to add a device.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @howstat

Let us see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units log on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    edited September 2021
    Hi @howstat
    Could you try few steps as below-

1. Disconnect the device from the computer.
    2. Perform a factory reset- Main menu- Settings- System- Reset
    3. Log-in to MyDrive on the device- Main menu Settings- MyDrive
    4. Now connect the device to the computer and open MyDrive Connect.

Do you see your GO Supreme listed under your account?

Regards, Vikram
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    I have performed a factory reset and can now see my device listed under my account.

I live in an area where there are no safety cameras, so have been unable to check if the original problem was resolved until recently.

Now, having traveled to an area which has both red light and speed cameras, I find the problem still not resolved - no safety camera alerts.

The only reason I bought the more expensive TomTom device was because it promised that it included lifetime free safety camera alerts, and I am not getting what I paid for.
  • peteff
    peteff Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Look in Settings/System/About to see if they are activated
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful, but I have already said that I am getting messages saying subscription has expired.

That is the issue - they are shown as Expired when the device is advertised as having lifetime free speed camera updates.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @howstat

For future reference if you want to check whether Cameras etc are working with our having to travel somewhere to do it then Run a Route Preview.

Where you know there is a cameras then:

Press on the Devices screen some 300 yards ahead of the camera position until a Black marker appears then select Use as Start In markers sub menu which you will find by Tapping the 3 vertical dots next to Drive
    Now do the same some 300 yards after the camera and when Black Marker appears Tap Drive this time.
    The unit will create a route and if you Tap Menu bottom left and select Current Route you will find a Preview Route option.
    If you Tap preview then the unit will run the option as if you were driving the route and you should see if cameras will be displayed .

Doug
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    I already know that the alerts aren't working - Please read what the problem is. The device incorrectly shows speed camera updates as expired..
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @howstat

I only wrote my post for future reference so in your current position you don't have to wait until you drive past a cameras to find out if it is working hence I said for future reference.

Maybe @VikramK can check your settings again to ensure the changes have taken place and if they have maybe offer some further suggestions if available.

Doug
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    Sorry, just getting more that a bit frustrated. Seems ridiculous that someone at TomTom can't fix this. I feel like I've been totally ripped off.

I've done so many soft resets, factory resets - TomTom support is a joke.

They really need to set up some proper support with TomTom staff rather than relying on a volunteers on a discussion forum.

• DougLap
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @howstat

I understand that however there are Chat and Message facilities but I think it is a good idea to try here first as solutions can often be found with the help of other users. . @VikramK is a TT employee and what he has done according to his post usually resolves the issue as it indicates that your units settings on the TT servers needed sorting which can happen occasionally. I assume as you have not mentioned it that Traffic is working on the unit.

Phone line support to Customer Support has been cancelled indefinitely since the start of Covid. Here is a method for contacting them for Chat or message should you think it is needed.

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @howstat
    For some strange reason, the speed camera services were not showing active for your TomTom. My team has changed that
    Just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    Thank you, finally seems to be working...
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @howstat

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    Have another problem now.

After doing the soft reset and updating (which fixed the speed camera problem), my device is no longer listed in MyDrive Connect and I am prompted to add a device.

I follow the on screen instructions but MyDrive just keeps recycling the same screen telling me log into my MyDrive account on the device (even though My device shows I am logged into my account)

This problem occurred earlier
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    Here we go again.

I had a problem last year where my TomTom GO620 Supreme was not showing Speed / Red Light camera alerts even though it came with a lifetime subscription.

After much back and forth the problem was eventually resolved.

The unit has now failed and been replaced under warranty, and you guessed it - No speed camera alerts - so I'm back where I started.

This just isn't good enough.

As the TomTom GO620 comes with lifetime speed camera subscription, why can't MyDrive recognise that?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited April 5
    Hi @howstat

I assume that when you set the new unit up it did not complete the settings on the TT servers which appears to happen occasionally . Could you indicate here the last 3 numbers of the serial number, not the whole number please, so that @VikramK can be sure which unit is involved and then look back here later to see what he has to say after he has checked the settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    Last 3 numbers of serial number are 016
  • VikramK
    Hi @howstat
    Unfortunately, I don't see this device linked to your TomTom account, I am unable to review the embedded services :(

Could you send me the full serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK, please ?

Thanks, Vikram

• VikramK
    edited April 5 Answer ✓
    @howstat
    Don't worry.. I managed to find the serial number :D

My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check again...

Regards, Vikram
  • howstat
    Master Explorer
    That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you...