Tom Tom go expert issues with charge cradle

Vieira12
Vieira12 Registered Users Posts: 3
Novice Seeker
edited September 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
i there I am having issues with my cradle and cable as the connection got loose and when driving over speed bumps it just disconnects the power went to hallfords for a replacement as I only bought the item on the 9 of august they have replaced the cable with another cable but Chinese cable but my issue persistes then they have told me that I need to go direct with Tom Tom wich I did couple of days ago but got no reply so far some help with this issue would be nice considering this device cost me 400 pounds and it’s not even a month old I have contacted Tom Tom twice about this issue 2 emails and nothing I am starting to get frustrated maybe next step social media to get some attention

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @Vieira12

I would suggest you try contacting Customer Support via Chat.

There are no phone lines working so try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat.. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Vieira12
    Vieira12 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    Thank you Doug appreciate your help
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Can you double-check that the car charger you're using has the right output? GO Expert requires 5V 2.4A. Chargers for earlier TomTom devices had a 5V 1.2A output which is too low for your new device and will result in the device turning off and back on in the car.