Question About POI Types

2301guy
2301guy Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hi,

I'm trying to submit information for buildings for a university campus. I've found that the POI category types offered for university buildings is lackluster. What "Type" do I assign to university housing? Or university department buildings? The list goes on. I can't assign every single place as a "College" or "University." Alternative mapping services offer specific category types for these.

This is more so a suggestion, but adding a "University Building" Type would be a perfect one-size-fits-all solution. I could add them as an Address, but these buildings have significance that would better be connoted with being a University Building (or something along those lines). Does anyone have suggestions?

Let me know if there's a more appropriate place to post this or send this to.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Answer ✓
    Hi @2301guy
    Thanks for sharing your feedback, I will send that across to the concerned team.

- Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Answer ✓
    Hi @2301guy
    Thanks for sharing your feedback, I will send that across to the concerned team.

- Vikram
  • 2301guy
    2301guy Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for the help, @VikramK.

I have a follow-up question: are there any map quality disadvantages to adding a Building Name to an Address Point over adding a building as a POI?

Or disadvantages to adding a building as an Address over adding a building as POI?