Freeze Screen with Apple Carplay

MaxH_Muc
MaxH_Muc Registered Users Posts: 2
Novice Seeker
Hey together,
I regular get freeze screens while navigating with TomTom Go for iOS (iPhone SE 2020) and connected with Apple CarPlay. That is really bad because you don’t recognise at first and then drive wrong.
Anybody knows what s the problem ?
Thanks and best
Max

Comments

• Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    MaxH_Muc wrote: »
    Hey together,
    I regular get freeze screens while navigating with TomTom Go for iOS (iPhone SE 2020) and connected with Apple CarPlay. That is really bad because you don’t recognise at first and then drive wrong.
    Thanks and best
    Max

I get the frozen loading app screen all the time and disconnecting and reconnecting the phone often fixes that. Is that what you are talking about or is your screen freezing while driving? I have the iPhone SE 2020 and CarPlay as well.

• MaxH_Muc
    MaxH_Muc Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Thanks for the feedback. No it s actually while driving, which makes it even worse.
  • leypetcat
    leypetcat Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Traveler
    Use to have the freezing issue happen often. Since using iOS 15 (Beta) on an iPhone 11 freezing issue has not occurred .
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Thanks for the feedback. No it s actually while driving, which makes it even worse.
    Ugh, that is much worse! Hopefully it’ll get fixed with a few other critical issues soon!
  • RichieG
    RichieG Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    I've also had this, also on an iPhone SE 2020. Went sailing past the turning and then realised the screen had frozen. Had to switch to Google maps as i couldn't unplug whilst driving, perhaps tomtom is hinting that google maps is the more reliable option...
  • aussieczech
    aussieczech Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hey together,
    Thanks and best
    Max

Getting similar issue with Apple XS. Find also that if the app is not started from scratch each time you open it, whilst you may be able to continue an existing journey or view the map, you cannot search for new locations, even if they’re saved. Only way to fix is to restart the app. This occurs whether connected to CarPlay or not. Can only restart app successfully if not connected to CarPlay.

Often having to pull the cable and reinsert to get the app working on CarPlay.

Also finding CarPlay to be more flakey of late with comms failure mid phone call or dropping of music so may not just be TomTom issue.