start 40 will not connect to the computer (Mac running on Mac BigSur. 11.5.2) — TomTom Community

start 40 will not connect to the computer (Mac running on Mac BigSur. 11.5.2)

lapwing75lapwing75 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited September 16 in MyDrive Connect
In System Preferences Network TomTomStart40 is shown with an orange spot. The devise is showing "connected to your computer". But connection is not happening. KLS

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    Try another cable, is your gps still charging?
  • lapwing75lapwing75 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm on my third cable !
  • GrahamJFGrahamJF Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My TomTom Go 50 used to connect to my previous MacBook Air, which had an integral USB port but will not connect to my new MacBook Air with an M1 chip and for which I use an Apple USB-C to USB converter. Any suggestions?
  • GrahamJFGrahamJF Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 8
    My TomTom used to connect ok to my previous MacBook Air but will not do so with my replacement, which does not have an integral USB port but I am using an Apple converter to the C port. I have restored my TomTom to factory settings and ensured I have the latest version of 'My Drive Connect' but to no avail. Any suggestions?
  • dinnodazedinnodaze Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have TomTom Go 510 and have MyDrive Connect running on a Mac, Big Sur. The device is 'not connected' and when I go to networking System Preference TomTom isn't listed. I've tried a clean uninstall/reinstall but although MyDrive Connect will open, it won't allow the device to connect.