why does TomTom ignore a road.

pwest
pwest Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I'm trying to plan a route. I can plot it on myroute app exactly as i want it. However, when I transfer it to the TomTom it alters the route I've planned and will not use a particular section of road. It shows it correctly on myroute app but the downloaded track shows a deviation I don't want. Google maps lets me plot the route I want exactly
It only happens on a particular short piece, but it happens to be a bit i want and the deviation goes via a main road. This is driving me to drink!!
Why is it doing it

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    try to put waypoints at the chosen places

no more than 20
  • pwest
    Apprentice Seeker
    Note. I've published the route that myrouteapp permits. If one tries downlading it to a Tomtom it will alter the last few miles to cross the M11 twice.
    What is going on?????
  • pwest
    Apprentice Seeker
    nabu wrote: »
    try to put waypoints at the chosen places

no more than 20

I've tried that. I've used Mydrive to put 4 stops along the length of the piece of road it ignores (a couple of miles) and Mydrive plots the route correctly. I then save it as a track to my device - and when I look on the TomTom it has completely ignored these stops.

Another point..... I've noticed it won't save it as a track, only as a route. Presumably it can't save the track 'cos it can't use that bit of road - and as a Route it simply creates an alternative route that it can plot. It would appear that the TomTom map database simply doesn't have that piece of road included.